Toni Paisley & Esia FootDoctor team up

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 17, 2015
normal IL
My DD see Esia every week because her pitching educator strives to be the best and wants the best for his students. If you know how to sequence the body to get it into the correct position to perform any action it becomes easier. DD just spent 6 hours with him and she has 8 pages of notes from it. Esia takes the time and is great.

Feb 17, 2015
normal IL
Just so we're on the same page. A) I'm not a pitching instructor although years ago DD wanted to pitch from 11YO to 2nd year 14 and Hillhouse was her PC. We saw him every week for an hour. I am a Throwing/Hitting/Catching instructor as well as a 18 year veteran TB coach. I have studied the Kinesiology behind those motions so B) I understand Instructors studying and learning the Kinesiology aspect of the motion. C) However, some instructors don't want to study this kind of stuff and don't feel the need. That doesn't mean that they don't know what they're doing. Before Kinesiology even became a discipline, great pitching instructors were churning out top D1 pitchers. I seriously doubt you'd say that James, Pauly, Hillhouse, Java, etc. etc. don't know what they're doing because they possibly haven't studied this stuff.

Go to the Hitting technical Forum. Some of the threads over there are so technical, you need a college level anatomy textbook, a dictionary, a kinesiology textbook and 4 hours to understand just one post in a thread that's 127 posts long.

Everything I know about pitching came from either Hillhouse or this site; watching, reading and digesting what I saw and read. Many parents come to this site for the same thing, advice and instruction. The average bucket mom/dad doesn't need to know this stuff and there's no way an average bucket mom/dad is going to go through all of the above to understand it. I suggest we don't turn the pitching forum into that type of forum. To carry on the car analogy, when the car isn't running right, it goes to a knowledgeable mechanic. When DD"s not pitching right, take her to a knowledgeable PC with a proven track record of producing multiple College Pitchers.

ETA: Just a piece of advice...You might want to watch who you poke at...especially when someone like myself has been on here for 10 plus years and has a habit of outright flaming posters that catch us on a bad day.
You said it correctly the “average Bucket mom/ dad” . If your going to take the time why do it to be average. But most people I know do not want to be average.

Dec 16, 2020
But then I find a video on which Esia says that pronation of the foot at the moment of load is fine, so now I'm confused.
when the pronation occurs also matters. You should reach out to him as he's extremely knowledgeable with how the body works. I saw a video posted of my pitchers on this thread discussing their front push foot and its position. Recoding takes time, dedication and really more unlearning poor positions. I was a professional with not so great lower half mechanics, like many. Top athletes are the best over compensators, not necessarily the healthiest or efficient. Esia has been challenging the status quo and its unbelievably helpful for reducing injuries. Will all my kids have a perfect push foot, heck no. Will they learn to move better at every lesson, absolutely. There's also a lot of upper body that isn't posted so definitely not all lower half. Thats just extremely fun in videos. Again, I'd reach out to him because for some reason be isn't allowed to post here. I think many are upset someone came into the softball world questioning our previous ways.

Aug 21, 2008
Again, I'd reach out to him because for some reason be isn't allowed to post here. I think many are upset someone came into the softball world questioning our previous ways.

Why the hell wouldn't he (or anyone) be allowed to post on here? I highly doubt it it's because he upset anything in the softball world. For that crime, anyone who advocates putting the hello elbow coaches out of the game would've been banned LONG ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 16, 2020
Why the hell wouldn't he (or anyone) be allowed to post on here? I highly doubt it it's because he upset anything in the softball world. For that crime, anyone who advocates putting the hello elbow coaches out of the game would've been banned LONG ago.

I don't know why he's not allowed to post, I don't run this website. I believe it would be extremely valuable though to get that 'bug' fixed 😁 so there can be a more productive conversation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdwingnut