Toni Paisley & Esia FootDoctor team up

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 10, 2020
1) I’m the reason we started using QOH for stride foot. Rich has my number and I’ve gotten multiple purchases for him from coaches at the private and division 1 level.

2) “because we do” is the type of dogma that kills me. We’ve done testing on force plate data comparing the starts and ability to create true momentum. Rocking or rolling for 90% of pitchers DOES NOT create momentum because they fail to move their entire mass in the same vector (physics definition of momentum). They have pelvic shift, poorly timed back swing, and shoulder impingement.
Here is the answer
2)Translational motion.
From reading your critique of what others dont do.
"fail to move there entire mass in the same vector"
You would be in agreement if the body as an entire mass moved.

Jul 14, 2018
I was really hoping the guys using the QOH for the stride foot would chime in her and compare the settings they use for both the stride and push off feet.

Just a parent here, but DD trains with QOTH. She definitely gets more ground force from her stride foot. She routinely clicks through on the stride at launch but cannot make it click on the same setting when she moves it forward to the drive foot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 23, 2018
Texas
Just a parent here, but DD trains with QOTH. She definitely gets more ground force from her stride foot. She routinely clicks through on the stride at launch but cannot make it click on the same setting when she moves it forward to the drive foot.

Do you think that is because she is pushing harder with the stride leg or is it because the direction of the force from the drive leg is more up than forward?

Working hard to get my DD to drive forward. She has a habit of driving more up and is losing momentum as the stride leg lands.

Jul 14, 2018
Do you think that is because she is pushing harder with the stride leg or is it because the direction of the force from the drive leg is more up than forward?

Working hard to get my DD to drive forward. She has a habit of driving more up and is losing momentum as the stride leg lands.

I actually think it just has more to do with leverage. DD has a good toe drag, never leaves the ground, so I don’t think that she’s pushing up more than out.

Instead, I think the fact that she has both feet on the ground and is loaded back gives her a stronger push from the stride leg. She is basically only pushing with the drive leg as her body passes the plate, with one foot in the air.

Also, her bigger problem mechanically is front side resistance. She often oversteps her stride leg after release, so I know she’s generating plenty of forward momentum.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.

This makes me wonder if the drive from both legs isn't cumulative or is only minimally cumulative.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
I use my QOTH primarily for the stride leg. All hit higher numbers with the stride foot than they do with the drive leg. That’s with back foot drop.

Eventually I’d like to have two. I’ll remove the pitching plate from the rear one and add grip tape to cover the whole contact surface.

My hope is that Rich designs an electronic model that displays rearward force. The click is a better motivator for sure, but I think a set of numbers displayed or announce would be awesome!

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2020
@FDEsia
Can you share a model pitcher who demonstrates the key drive mechanic elements that you advocate? Thanks!
There are several on my social media. You can search FootDoctor Esia. This forum is not the easiest in terms of user interface to quickly respond and attach items. There are multiple ways to reach out to me aside from here if you have questions and my webinars are online along with my stance course.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
I use my QOTH primarily for the stride leg. All hit higher numbers with the stride foot than they do with the drive leg. That’s with heel drop.
I am very surprised that the back foot supplies more drive, I just don't see it when I look at video but maybe I'm just seeing what I expect to see. What do you mean 'with heel drop'?

Apr 23, 2020
SE Wisconsin
I am very surprised that the back foot supplies more drive, I just don't see it when I look at video but maybe I'm just seeing what I expect to see. What do you mean 'with heel drop'?
I have not seen the QOTH in person but could it be that the force from the stride leg is mostly from the pitcher's weight? In this case much of the force is vertical rather than horizontal and less effective.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi