Toe Drag on the power line?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 9, 2013
Working with 14 yr old DD on dragging before the stride foot lands and she asked me should she drag on the power line. I did notice that Ueno and some others appear to do this so I told her to give it a shot. She drags a bit to the left of the power line and had a lot of trouble dragging straight down the power line. Question 1. What is optimal way to drag and generate the most power? Question 2. What drills can be done for this? Thanks in advance.

Jun 18, 2010
GIF-abbott-pt2.gif

Jun 18, 2010
If you look at my DDs mark in the dirt made by her drag foot, it almost looks like a lazy "S". I have her try to keep the knee, more specifically, the inside of her Knee driving down the power line, and let her foot come in behind her. She finishes almost calf-to-calf. Some teach a figure 4 finish. IMO, Osterman is kind of figure 4.

2cfveax.gif

javasource

6-4-3 = 2
May 6, 2013
Western NY
dd4,

I wouldn't put too much stock in the drag pattern... but more interest in what the drag allows/disallows her body to do... further up the chain (thigh, hip, torso...). The rear foot isn't going to add (itself) to the pitch... but it's position(s) during the pitch can really add/subtract to the pitch.

In the incredibly awesome clips above, notice how the patterns of movement (the leg) are all slightly different, but... they all allow full range of motion in the more proximal body segments.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
Hey, I'm just a drag foot, along for the ride trying to keep things legal. If you don't like what I'm doing, look up stairs. The folks up there dictate what I do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish