Toe Drag Issues with Push Foot

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

The toe drag is a follow through motion.....it is not something that should be focused on. The toe should drag in a Nike Swoosh type of motion.......this is created by the core muscles creating some hip snap. I am guessing that this young lady may have been drilled on getting on the top of her toe....so her thoughts and energy are going into that and the end result is not pretty. Or it may be some other drill that she is trying to accomplish. Simple drills from the K position will see that the push foot performs this type of motion: The shoelaces turn over and face the ground/the heel lifts/the back knee bends and comes forward almost into the front knee. When you do this understand that it is the core that is performing all the work......it is not the push foot creating this energy. This movement will put the hips at a 45 degree angle to the powerline.....exactly where she should be at release.

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
Jdavitsky,

I dont see this as a toe drag issue at all. The odd toe drag is a symptom of the real problem.

Check your private messages.

Aug 2, 2008
I tend to agree with starsnuffer on the footwork thing but I have nothing for you on that. From the knees up she seems to have a lot of good things going on...Natural IR, brush interference (right mr. Pauly?) Try to promote a little bend in her arm. IMPO stop the hellow elbow thing while she is still young, Dont force the follow through.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13