To mask or not to mask...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 18, 2012
New Mexico
Thanks everyone. I ended up finding one before the Saturday game. We only played two innings and had our *** handed to us by an 8U team that gets play 10U. I'm grateful for our can do, have fun attitude. Those girls might have won but they didn't look like they were having fun. =(

Apr 4, 2012
My rule for DD is you don't step on that field without it on PERIOD!

My exact thought. It's just a game and I have no problem keeping my daughter off the field no matter what it means to the team.

I would add for the original poster that the sooner you start the easier it will be. Once the girls get set in their ways on the field putting the mask on will be an endless line of complaints about everything you can imagine. The sooner they start wearing it the better it will be for them and the parents.

Apr 1, 2011
Definitely start as soon as you can. I didn't make my DD wear one during 8U coach/kid pitch until the day she took a line drive off the forehead. Luckily, it was a Tuff Lite ball and it didn't seriously injure her. She's worn a mask every game since then. 2" lower and she has a broken nose.

On a separate note, I watched several WCWS games and never saw one pitcher wearing a mask. Why don't they wear them at that level?

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
DD’s game was stopped on Saturday because a P on her Team did not have her mask on. AC needed to dig thru the dugout and run her mask out. The opposing Team’s P did not wear a mask so it was not the umpire that stopped the game, it had to be a parent that stopping the game when they noticed their DD did not have her mask on.

DD is a really good fielder and has never been close to being hurt fielding but we require her to wear a Mask. Her grandfather manages a BB Team the same age and laughs at the thought of any of his Players wearing a mask but he thinks DD should. She is a better fielder then most his players, which he knows, it is hard to figure out.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd