Tips for switching to a National Team

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 17, 2023
I had heard that, yes. Wonder why? Both orgs seems very good. *shrug*

We're switching Orgs too. Should be a write-up in Extra Innings later today on it I think.

Lot of musical chairs in our area this year. Most of explanations I heard were new organization will do a better job getting our kids recruited and allow us to bring in better players. Yeah ok.......

Oct 4, 2018
Lot of musical chairs in our area this year. Most of explanations I heard were new organization will do a better job getting our kids recruited and allow us to bring in better players. Yeah ok.......

Exactly. If they can help our girls land the UCLA/FSU/OU offers, of course we'll switch teams. Who do I make the check out to?

Jun 8, 2016
I don't want to rain on anybodies parade, but are 16U National teams really taking kids from tryouts?? I hope they are because that gives a kid a chance to go from a lower level to a higher level but I am skeptical. What I see is that a team is already aware of a kid and just waiting to pounce. DD has had 2 or 3 follows on Twitter from "National" teams she had a good game against the DAY BEFORE...(kind of slimy if you ask me but whatever).

May 27, 2013
Agree - most kids that get on National teams are not just showing up at the regular tryouts. They’re either “already on the team” and just going through the motions, or they had a private tryout and are not required to show up to the general tryouts. IME, those tryouts are to fill the lower level teams of the same age group.

Apr 25, 2019
I don't want to rain on anybodies parade, but are 16U National teams really taking kids from tryouts?? I hope they are because that gives a kid a chance to go from a lower level to a higher level but I am skeptical. What I see is that a team is already aware of a kid and just waiting to pounce. DD has had 2 or 3 follows on Twitter from "National" teams she had a good game against the DAY BEFORE...(kind of slimy if you ask me but whatever).

I was thinking this similar thing but didn't want to be a Debbie Downer. Generally, if your DD is good enough, the teams will find her. Tryouts are fine but don't be disappointed if you all get turned down or don't hear anything.