Timing Drills

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 3, 2014
When you say wait to move the front foot, do you mean move it forward? FFS speaks of slow and early. You're saying wait. Perhaps you mean wait to commit or move out, not wait to unweight the front side (ie, load)?

I make them wait.

Here is a comp of 2 of my hitters. The clips are synced to contact. Both were instructed to wait. But, one still believes that she has to get the foot down early and the other is figuring out how to wait and still be in plenty of time.

aoWJsP.gif

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
I make them wait.

Here is a comp of 2 of my hitters. The clips are synced to contact. Both were instructed to wait. But, one still believes that she has to get the foot down early and the other is figuring out how to wait and still be in plenty of time.

aoWJsP.gif

Thanks. Good clips. Yeah, I do understand the idea of waiting to get the foot down. I was just clarifying whether you were saying wait to begin the load and all that. So what I'm hearing is that timing can be viewed as getting the foot down at the right time, and that the swing goes along with it. Lack of timing, assuming the whole swing sequence is correct, is basically the failure to get the foot down on time (either too early or too late).

May 3, 2014
Load is not really what we work on. Creating resistance that can be released when you need to swing. So, you learn that the front foot doesn't need to go forward until you want to release the initial resistance and let the body create a second stretch as the front foot is coming down. The swing itself is what plants the front foot.

May 4, 2012
Would you mind posting a pic sometime from directly across the plate of the one that you think is doing things correctly? - thank you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremy523