Timing and stuff

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
tumblr_oto6nbYgn61usf292o1_400.gif

Hitter on the right is falling forward and THEN swinging. This hitter requires his heel to be on the ground to start the swing (launch). Hitter on the left is resisting that fall forwards. Shift AND swing. His heel could be done, but it doesn't need to be down. The swing will plant the heel.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
tumblr_oto6nbYgn61usf292o1_400.gif

That's your analysis of these swings? Maybe you should watch them a few more times?

You have never felt a pulling rear leg. You are very qualified in taking about bleeding a coil or shifting THEN swinging. If you talk about those areas I will definitely listen to you!

Analysis? No. I simply mentioned the most important difference between the swings after a couple fools took a swing and missed.

When I want to see a clown flail a broomstick at an imaginary ball above the letters Ill watch your swing. You got 0 club head speed.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Is this you being SILLY again.....One needs to look at the WHOLE swing /sequence.
tumblr_oto82h14uG1usf292o1_400.gif

I'm not 'FEELING' it in your demo....and neither are you...HaHa..
Added:nor into their rear hip.
tumblr_otoc8pggix1usf292o1_400.gif

Pro's don't 'gets into his rear hip. A pro 'coils around his rear leg'.
tumblr_otod00GF4B1usf292o1_400.gif

You silly fool. Look at the two swings we are talking about and then look at the gifs of the ayatolla (PBUH), which gif (top or bottom) more closely resembles the Howard gif? Hanson RDB, Hanson.

That being said, coiling around the leg better describes the feel. Let's see your attempt at coiling around the rear leg RDB. No?

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Hitter on the right is falling forward and THEN swinging. This hitter requires his heel to be on the ground to start the swing (launch). Hitter on the left is resisting that fall forwards. Shift AND swing. His heel could be done, but it doesn't need to be down. The swing will plant the heel.

So there is a lack of getting into the back hip creating slop or unloading. This must be what is causing the upperbody issue as well. Nothing left because of the unloading, hence the back foot dragging forward.

Oct 27, 2015
I'm not as far along as I thought I was in my understanding so please help me out. Is the correct sequence...
- Back, start coiling "Into" rear hip? Not sure what into hip fully means?
- Forward to middle finishing the coil while the bat tips forward and arms pivot around hands which are being left back to tense the core?
- Toe tap/Heal plant while elbow starts to slot and hands start to work the handle to turn the barrel (Hips can open more here as well)
- Hips/A Tight Core/Shoulders turn as the bat pivots around the hands which are working to the ball location
- Extention thru Connection
- Follow thru (non teach and changes position per ball location)
???

Added
Going by the running start comment these actions can start and carry thru into each other?

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2013
Analysis? No. I simply mentioned the most important difference between the swings after a couple fools took a swing and missed.

When I want to see a clown flail a broomstick at an imaginary ball above the letters Ill watch your swing. You got 0 club head speed.

LOL You really can't get past me taking a dry swing with a swiftstik huh? I can post a tee swing hitting a ball but is it really going to matter? You will probably talk about my shirt and hat instead...........I can tell you what my EV is off the tee as well, but you're not going to believe it anyways.......

Last edited:

TDS

Mar 11, 2010

FP, nice post and I would add the resistance needs to be balanced (upper half) against the fall as well as dynamically part of the swing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06