Timing and stuff

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Rdbass,

I heard you mention that one is shifting and then swinging. The lower body looks similar to me, it's the upperbody that is not the same (even though there are missing frames in the swing).

Help me out on what I should be seeing.

P.S. One is shifting more, I understand that, but the back knee and hips seem to start at the same time.

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Rdbass,

I heard you mention that one is shifting and then swinging. The lower body looks similar to me, it's the upperbody that is not the same (even though there are missing frames in the swing).

P.S. One is shifting more, I understand that, but the back knee and hips seem to start at the same time.

Shawn, I'll help you out. If I can because remember I'm just a dad.
tumblr_oto6nbYgn61usf292o1_400.gif

Missing frames I didn't make the gif. I'm not sure that should/does matter. Someone can correct me if I'm incorrect.
Hitter on left is shifting AND swinging. The hitter on right is shifting THEN swinging.
The lower body looks similar to me, it's the upperbody that is not the same
Need to focus on what the upper body is doing different with the 2 hitters as the lower body works towards the ball. That's what ian doesn't get.
The lower body looks similar to me,
They're different in the way each hitter moves towards the ball.
I'm out. I only posted because ian woke up.
I haven't posted in any other thread and will continue to not post because of one member.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
Need to focus on what the upper body is doing different with the 2 hitters as the lower body works towards the ball. That's what ian doesn't get

Cue Bonds gif with line drawn between rear hip and hands?? :D

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Rdbass,

You see the differences in the upper body.

Not look at the lower. Check the hips. Pro gets into his rear hip, the other just stands on his locked rear leg and falls into the pitch (que sparty swing). The rear hip feel is something RDB doesnt see because he has never felt it.

Dec 4, 2013

Not look at the lower. Check the hips. Pro gets into his rear hip, the other just stands on his locked rear leg and falls into the pitch (que sparty swing). The rear hip feel is something RDB doesnt see because he has never felt it.

tumblr_oto6nbYgn61usf292o1_400.gif

That's your analysis of these swings? Maybe you should watch them a few more times?

You have never felt a pulling rear leg. You are very qualified in taking about bleeding a coil or shifting THEN swinging. If you talk about those areas I will definitely listen to you!

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2013
No one can produce MLB video showing the bat moving towards the ball with the front foot in the air, so the answer is no!

If Adair said swing starts at heel plant it would be closer to the truth. Before heel plant its just looking thinking deciding.

giphy.gif

Any comments on this one? ROFL

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.

Is this you being SILLY again.....One needs to look at the WHOLE swing /sequence.
The rear hip feel is something RDB doesnt see because he has never felt it.
tumblr_oto82h14uG1usf292o1_400.gif

I'm not 'FEELING' it in your demo....and neither are you...HaHa..
Added:
Pro gets into his rear hip
nor into their rear hip.
tumblr_otoc8pggix1usf292o1_400.gif

Pro's don't 'gets into his rear hip. A pro 'coils around his rear leg'.
tumblr_otod00GF4B1usf292o1_400.gif

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
br_pickoff