throwing mechanics

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 13, 2010
I couldn't figure out how to get these pics into the thread so I had to start another. here are a few pictures of my DD throwing, any thoughts, opinions on her form would be appreciated. She has a good arm, just not as accurate as needed.

I will try to get some video of her throwing this weekend, I'm sure that will be better to see what areas need addressing.

Thanks

Attachments

• throwing 1.jpg
    throwing 1.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 79
  • throwing 2.jpg
    throwing 2.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 74
  • throwing 3.jpg
    throwing 3.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 70
  • throwing 4.jpg
    throwing 4.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 69

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Doing alot right.In frame 2 and 3 as she throws the ball, pull glove into glove side arm pit.This will help pick up couple more mph or her throwing speed.

Jun 21, 2010
This is probably the one thing that drives me crazy about my DD. Fix this and I'm a happy dad.

When I watch other girls throw it looks like some of them are "screwing" the ball into the air. It looks like there is a slight twist counterclockwise for righthand throwers. I don't see the ball pointed to second or third, but they may be doing it but fast. Others shotput the ball, and some have an odd whipping of their arms. The one's who have the twist seems to be the harder throwers and are more accurate.

Jan 13, 2010
thanks for the thoughts so far. She is working on pulling her glove to her chest/arm pit. What about her elbow, is it to high....

I am also missing a picture in the sequence, it didn't load when the Mom that took them uploaded them. Hopefully she can get it to upload so I can put it up.

Jan 13, 2010
LOL Amy, she eats all the time...Her older sister is a bit bigger, I am hoping she gets the same frame.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
As far as her elbow goes, let her exaggerate that for now. Measure her throws and let her experiment a little bit and see how she throws further. By the way, how far can she throw?

Jan 13, 2010
I don't really know how far she can throw. Her highlight from the outfield this season was throwing a girl out at home from LF on a 1 hop line drive. Her throw mad it to the catcher in the air, i'm guessing that throw was 80-100 ft. but thats a guess. She was normal depth for 12U if that helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi