Thoughts on the 2017 Xeno or LXT

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 30, 2016
Las Vegas
New to the site, but I'm also awaiting any reviews as I'm looking to get 14yr old daughter 2016 cf8 on sale or whether it's best to just get the new lxt or cf9

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
WarriorAngelas new bat just came in today. Its a birthday present. Shes gonna use it for Zoom into June this weekend and most definitely Colorado Sparkler tourney in a couple of weeks.

My reaction when I saw the bat

My dd's reaction

iFastpitch

All Out, All Day
Apr 28, 2014
The Diamonds
Actually, the LXT is a made to feel more stiff, not the typical flex/whip feel than the other multipiece bats.

What is the finish on the LXT Hyper? The inch at the endcap where the LS logo is happens to be glossy. Is the rest simply a matte finish? It feels a bit like sandpaper and brother you don't want to put a neoprene sleeve on it and try to take it off. Think chinese finger puzzle. Lesson learned. It shall remain sleeveless. DD hit five buckets of balls and fell in love. Dropped the Miken Freak Black like a bad habit. Never thought I would see that happen. ;)

Aug 31, 2015
Texas
What is the finish on the LXT Hyper? The inch at the endcap where the LS logo is happens to be glossy. Is the rest simply a matte finish? It feels a bit like sandpaper and brother you don't want to put a neoprene sleeve on it and try to take it off. Think chinese finger puzzle. Lesson learned. It shall remain sleeveless. DD hit five buckets of balls and fell in love. Dropped the Miken Freak Black like a bad habit. Never thought I would see that happen. ;)

Oh man........ I did not need to see that

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA

It does have the rough finish

longball00

Softball is my obsession
Apr 8, 2014
Willoughby, Ohio
DD had hers for 2 days, and did some tee work and soft toss with it. First thoughts were it wasn't as hot as the LXT + she was using. Went to her tournament this weekend, and she used the new LXT Hyper during warm ups and decided to give it a go the first game of the day. First at bat was a 3 run HR, and she just grinned when she came in and I asked her if it she still thought it wasn't as live. She continued to hit 6 out on the weekend along with 7 doubles and 2 triples in front of the coaches she invited to watch her play. Needless to say, the LXT+ will sit in the bag from now on. I think the different sound is the reasoning behind her first thoughts. It's a very nice bat!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06