Thoughts on the 2017 Xeno or LXT

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2014
A girl on my DD's team just got the 2017 LXT...a 2 game sample....it has a lot of pop! Anyone else know of anyone using the LXT or Xeno?

Also, at random tournaments, I see a lot of LXTs and very few Xenos. My DD has a 2016 Xeno...she loves it.

May 12, 2014
Makes sense....I would've thought my DD would've liked the LXT since she was coming from the Demarini....but she preferred the Xeno.

Apr 26, 2015
The girls on DD's team who swing an LS all prefer the Xeno to the LXT - except DD. She is a die hard LXT girl.

Apr 22, 2016
Also, if I'm not mistaken the 2016/2017 Xeno have the same internals (S1ID) while the 2017 LXT has the new PBF Technology. I bought my DD both the 2016 Xeno and CF8 and she prefers the CF8. When I swung both bats, the xeno does feel end loaded, while the CF8 felt balanced. Both were -11's.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
yes, guts are diff between the Xeno and LXT

Also, the Xeno feels more endloaded because it is more overweight than the LXT. Demarini is the closest to sticker
weight, sometimes even under

Oct 21, 2015
Mine has a 2014 xeno and a 2015 lxt , she loves the lxt ,says it feels balanced and the xeno feels end loaded .

May 19, 2016
A girl on my DD's team just got the 2017 LXT...a 2 game sample....it has a lot of pop! Anyone else know of anyone using the LXT or Xeno?

Also, at random tournaments, I see a lot of LXTs and very few Xenos. My DD has a 2016 Xeno...she loves it.

The LXT, Xeno and CF8 are going to be pretty close In comparing pop. Those three bats are pretty much at the limit of what Is allowed. The Xeno Is a two piece and will have more vibrations In the hands....although not much more. The LXT Is a three piece and according to my DD she cant feel any vibration In her hands after moving to the LXT. The internals are also different. Xeno uses the disc system that brings with It that unique sound. This year the LXT has new technology and from our current use It does not have much of that sound anymore. More solid contact sound than the infamous clang. The Xeno has a more solid feel to the swing, the LXT has a whip feel to It. I cant give you much feedback to the weighted feel because her 2016 Xeno and 2017 LXT are not the same size so It would be an unfair comparison.

Where we are from we see tons of CF8 -11s. If someone on a team has one Its not long before most every girl Is swinging It. We never see any LXTs which Is one reason why we went that route....we are an LS family, Its what I used growing up, Its what she has used since Tball and thats what she feels the most confident In swinging. Normally Id go with what Ive seen work, but In this case I know for a fact that the three bats are extremely close In pop. Not enough to choose one over the other based purely on that. Between these three bats you really are comparing apples to oranges....Its all about preference. If your daughter feels like with the LXT In her hands she can crush It, but not so confident with a CF8 then by all means get the LXT. If you watch college softball you will see more Xenos than anything probably. Is there a measurable difference between the three when It comes to performance on the field.....no, not really. But seeing how batting Is extremely mental, you go with what makes you feel like Superman, or In their case Wonder Woman.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG