this right here, eh

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 10, 2015
Chautauqua County
“I dreamed of this moment as a little girl, to take a team to the Final Four and be in these moments and have confetti fall down on me,” said Clark, who is a Iowa native.

And all you’ve got to do is believe and work your butt off to get there. That’s what I did, and that’s what our girls did and that’s what our coaches did and we’re going to Dallas, baby.”
Caitlin Clark

Dec 15, 2018
CT
“I dreamed of this moment as a little girl, to take a team to the Final Four and be in these moments and have confetti fall down on me,” said Clark, who is a Iowa native.

And all you’ve got to do is believe and work your butt off to get there. That’s what I did, and that’s what our girls did and that’s what our coaches did and we’re going to Dallas, baby.”
Caitlin Clark

...and be incredibly talented...and have a lot of luck.

I mean, a lot of girls and teams believe and work their butts off and don't make it. Definitely essential ingredients, but that's not all there is to it.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I was being sarcastic. The work hard and you can become Michael Jordan crowd amuses me.
I think Jordan disproved that whole argument when he made that disastrous attempt at becoming a baseball player. He had all the athletic ability in the world and still couldn't hit a minor-league fastball.

Jun 8, 2016
I think Jordan disproved that whole argument when he made that disastrous attempt at becoming a baseball player. He had all the athletic ability in the world and still couldn't hit a minor-league fastball.
Not sure you can use that argument since he was trying to play catchup after not having played baseball for like 15 years. You cannot make up for 15 years of hard work in a year, especially in a skill sport like baseball. Also different types of athletic ability are required for different sports. That said, for a guy who hadn't played baseball for that long, he didn't do that bad..

Obviously I have no issue with working hard, you just cannot be blind (as a parent) to the reality that everybodies' ceiling isn't the same. No need to verbalize this to your kid but use it as a guide for your actions and expectations.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2014
USA

Caitlin Clark
If she doesn't have that dream and the passion...nothing else matters. Sure, the dream isn't the only factor but it is necessary

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi