This Old Man is dusting off the cleats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 27, 2021
Im in the same boat, haven't played for 8-9 years and finally going to get back into it this seaosn. Good luck!

May 12, 2016
Fastpitch for me! Much harder to find a senior men's league but luckily I finally got a hold of one, hopefully covid permits the season to run.
Awesome… I didn’t even know a league existed in my location, just kind bumped into it. Best of luck, let us know how it goes

Nov 16, 2017
Absolutely agree, the number 1 thing I focus on is sequence and posture… and I’m failing. I’m reaching forward with the front foot instead of shifting to a good launch position/FYB. The first time I looked the video I laughed my a$$ off because it’s exactly opposite of the sequence I talk about on here lol
Mike Trout describes the move out as feeling like he is getting on a horse. Do that and see if it helps with the front leg reaching. There is no flex in your rear knee that gets straighter as you start the move. Watch Donaldson in this video and watch his back leg. He starts with it (back knee) a bit bent but it straightens out before he starts his move down and forward.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi