This new training tool reflects a whole hitting philosophy...is it right?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
Often the teaching of 'connection' places a bandaide on 'bat drag'. People don't see it because it is hidden by another issue.

Regarding the 'bold' ... SnF, which is generally part of many that have mentioned the turning of the barrel, is NOT 'connection'.

That is very true about connection as a band-aid.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Yes, absolutely. Easier is not better. That's what I am enjoying about this thread.

Your Ah ha gotcha approach on this site sometimes times rubs people the wrong way and it's hard for you to see that it is you and your communication style not them BUT your input on this site has been very very valuable to me and I am sure many others. I appreciate it.

Not a gotcha approach. People discussing the facts, as they understand them, shouldn't have you feeling that someone is trying to catch you. You have been very open with this ... and I have consistently disagreed with your approach. Early on I mentioned to you that you should work on "destroying the box", rather than teaching it. You persisted ... your choice. You shouldn't feel that someone is trying to trap you. You simply took the path that you thought was best at the time. Like anyone, you realize that this is a competitive sport and you continuously look to improve. Questioning the teaching of 'connection' is a good step IMO.

p.s.
Edited to add a link to a post in 2011 in which I recommended to you that you "destroy the box" .... http://www.discussfastpitch.com/softball-hitting-technical/5263-i-need-some-fresh-eyes-look-my-dds-swing-2.html#post53244

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez