This new training tool reflects a whole hitting philosophy...is it right?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
This new training tool reflects a whole hitting philosophy. Major themes include rotation as the key to power, maintaining elbow spacing through the swing, The lead shoulder pulling and the back arm angle remaining constant and connected to the side. Is it correct?

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
This new training tool reflects a whole hitting philosophy. Major themes include rotation as the key to power, maintaining elbow spacing through the swing, The lead shoulder pulling and the back arm angle remaining constant and connected to the side. Is it correct?

no, its been around quite a while, for me about 12 years or so, and i use this stuff almost every lesson.

staying connected is his point.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
no, its been around quite a while, for me about 12 years or so, and i use this stuff almost every lesson.

staying connected is his point.

Mann, listen again to the video ..... specifically focus on what is said between 7:30 - 7:45. Is that truly what you want. Almost seems to be advocating elbow stall.

May 3, 2014
Mann, listen again to the video ..... specifically focus on what is said between 7:30 - 7:45. Is that truly what you want. Almost seems to be advocating elbow stall.

Bingo. Good hitters talk about getting their hands through. A contraption that arrests the rear arm like that is not good.

Jun 21, 2012
I agree with the responders. Stay away from this tool.

In the video with the kid hitting the bag. The second frame shows his front shoulder pulled out early to get his hands in position. I want my batters to stay "in" on the ball longer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meeks