This mitt is becoming popular

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
I would say the Vinci is too big for the average 10 year old. It fits my 14 year old fine, but she has larger than average hands for a kid her size. My 10 year old said it felt too big for her.

Nov 12, 2009
Kansas City
Let me say that I love my Vinci and my older catchers that help me break it in are very impressed with it as well. It is definitely not a glove designed for younger players as the kip leather and extra palm padding make it harder for younger hands to close. I still carry my old black Easton Synegry ($26 on EBay)and whenever my younger catchers are dropping pitches, I put it on them and they see the difference immediately. It is a good glove for younger catchers as the leather is thin and closes easily. At a 10U level there aren't too many pitchers throwing a lot of heat and the emphasis is squeezing that pitch. I have seen mixed results with Mizunos depending on the model. For younger players I would suggest a deep pocket 32.5 to 33 inch glove with a lighter leather.

Jul 9, 2012
image.jpgTested a bunch of mitts to replace my daughter's Wilson. She chose the Vinci, now going through the break in process. Have to say it is one stiff glove.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2009
Kansas City
I am currently testing 3 Vinci mitts. The baseball SW79-M, fastpitch JCV22 and fastpitch JCV-VM. By testing I mean that I am having my catchers try them out at lessons or have them take'em home for a week or two to catch live pitching. The mesh series with kip leather takes a little time and work to break in, (nothing like my daughter's first Worth Liberty though) but have been pretty popular. My first SW79-M was so popular that one of my catchers would not give it back. He bought it. (I hear he sleeps with it) So I had to replace it. The 22 is all steer hide and breaks in pretty quickly. (popular with the younger players) My JCV-VM is pretty popular as well. One of our area's gold catchers had tried 3 other gloves and kept getting her hand bruised by her pitchers. She tried the Vinci for two weeks and ordered her own. For more on the testing and pictures please see Vinci Glove Testing Update

Jun 6, 2013
Would love to find an Easton synergy 33" for my 10u DD. the mizuno GX 101 black with neon yellow writing is too small, and the GXS 92 is too big. Been looking at the new Easton synergy, light tan color-anyone know if its the same as the older black syergy?

Jul 10, 2011
Rockport, MA
Hey everyone, wanted to let you guys know that we just got out hands on the two new top of the line mitts from All-Star that we helped develop. Here's a photo of the mitts!

My favorite is the CMW4000, and I can honestly say that I a mitt has never felt better while breaking it in. It has the deep pocket and feel of the Vinci Pro, but the form factor of a slightly smaller Worth Liberty. The leather is incredibly high-quality and is designed with tan leather on the inside of the glove and black leather on the outside of the glove for an actual reason - the tanning process makes the light leather easier to break in, while it makes the darker leather stiffer so the glove maintains it's shape.

Got it on Tuesday, using by Wednesday. Obviously will take a little longer than a day to break in fully, but the break-in time is significantly shorter than the Vinci.

All-Star's softball mitts were nothing to talk about in the past, but as far as these mitts are concerned, there's nothing better.

They are scheduled for release in the Fall 2013.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Would love to find an Easton synergy 33" for my 10u DD. the mizuno GX 101 black with neon yellow writing is too small, and the GXS 92 is too big. Been looking at the new Easton synergy, light tan color-anyone know if its the same as the older black syergy?

I don't have the answer to your specific question, but...

Creating a new thread in the appropriate section of the forum (or posting in an existing thread related specifically to your question) will be a lot more productive in getting a good response than posting in a thread about gloves.

In other news...welcome to DFP. :)

Nov 12, 2009
Kansas City
Ohme03,
I haven't seen the tan Synergy up close , but it is pretty popular with catchers around here. Theblack Synergy is still available on Ebay. The Louisville Slugger Valkerie is popular with younger catchers. It has less padding (making it easier to squeeze closed) and lightweight. The Mizuno's are lightweight also, but we have had a couple of catchers use them and they don't hold their shape very long....
-Chaz

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 12, 2009
Kansas City
Speaking of Vinci JCV-VM catcher mitts.... They are stiff at first, but they are easier to break in than the Nokonas! I have torn them down to the felts and the palms have 2 layers and an additional padding material for the palm area that works great. I was very impressed with the VM's "innards'! I have two catchers catching 18A (and Gold) pitching that go with the Vinci because of the protection they get in the palm. One girl tried 3 different mitt brands before going with the Vinci JCV-VM. They don't need to wear an extra glove either! (Batters or other padded inner glove)

Plus they come in some great colors! (And have a great "pop" when the ball lands)

8460_605371349482852_297985453_n.jpg Vinci 580233_577199868966667_682804374_n.jpg 542741_517529054933749_43134988_n.jpg 62766_573206559365998_1987273066_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharonastokes