Things you think you might mention on your tryout notice....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

02Crush

Way past gone
Aug 28, 2011
The Crazy Train
We are a new A team needing a catcher, #1 pitcher and a couple of athletic utility players to join us as we are now a part of abc organization and therefore expecting seriously increased tryout attendance now despite the only thing changing is our name. And take a breath......

Jul 25, 2015
"Forgetting to mention that your State Championship was in the 'C' division"

This is my personal favorite. Love to see people bragging about stuff that is really not a big deal and making it seem like it is. Like winning their World Series against a full field of 6 teams....whoohoo! ....I'm in FL too btw.

On this note, a team that posts a "69-2-1 record" from the previous season always seem to throw up a red flag for me. First question is why is that team not staying together, even the younger players should be able to play up if they are that good. Second question, which I normally verify online even though I already know the answer, is what was the primary classification the team played under - in this case it will normally be "C". Third question is the average margin of victory, which in this case normally comes in at 10 or more. I guess people feel good about things like this but it really makes a mockery of the game.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Nothing like a $40 tryout fee for the off-chance that your DD might be picked so that Bustos might train your daughter when she is available.

yeah- my money is on them getting a less than expected turnout and reposting for players during the fall but without the fee. Hard to start a new org, even with that name attached to it, but this year also has the Ohana Tigers launching a full org and some other big names moving into the LA-OC area. So I doubt this takes flight right away. The self motivated, highly skilled, best of the best players have been hunted to extinction around here. All that is left is girls that need actual coaching and development.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
yeah- my money is on them getting a less than expected turnout and reposting for players during the fall but without the fee. Hard to start a new org, even with that name attached to it, but this year also has the Ohana Tigers launching a full org and some other big names moving into the LA-OC area. So I doubt this takes flight right away. The self motivated, highly skilled, best of the best players have been hunted to extinction around here. All that is left is girls that need actual coaching and development.

No different out East. Here in Florida there are some people who have started a Firecrackers chapter and are all over the softball sites trying to recruit statewide.

Fun fun fun.

Feb 7, 2013
No different out East. Here in Florida there are some people who have started a Firecrackers chapter and are all over the softball sites trying to recruit statewide.

Fun fun fun.

Firecrackers have over 120 teams in 18 states. Do you think the brand might be a little diluted?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish