The words of every bucket dad ever!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 29, 2009
In all the years my DD pitched I only went off on her once like that. She was 16 and throwing 60-62 consistently. We were working an imaginary inning. Called a for a change. She threw a rise. Naturally, I jumped and looked really silly trying to catch the ball. She's in the circle laughing at me telling me how funny I looked trying to catch the ball. (She threw the rise on purpose) I let her have a long string of expletives about doing something so stupid. I told her she throws the ball too hard for me to not know what is coming. If I get fooled I'm the one who gets hurt. Once the light bulb went off she apologized and never did it again. I never complained about taking a shot on a mistake pitch, that comes with the territory. That one really ticked me off.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
My first thought when I saw the title of this thread was how could you print those words on this website. LOL

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
In all the years my DD pitched I only went off on her once like that. She was 16 and throwing 60-62 consistently. We were working an imaginary inning. Called a for a change. She threw a rise. Naturally, I jumped and looked really silly trying to catch the ball. She's in the circle laughing at me telling me how funny I looked trying to catch the ball. (She threw the rise on purpose) I let her have a long string of expletives about doing something so stupid. I told her she throws the ball too hard for me to not know what is coming. If I get fooled I'm the one who gets hurt. Once the light bulb went off she apologized and never did it again. I never complained about taking a shot on a mistake pitch, that comes with the territory. That one really ticked me off.

I never had that problem again after DD knocked out some of my teeth... :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadmad