The short distance

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 11, 2009
The pitch only looked 60 compared to the 35-40 mph that every other 10U girl throws.
If she is an absolute stud, she might throw in the high 40's at that age. Bless her for her talent
either way. LL rules prohibit her from throwing more than one game in 3 days, this rule will help even
the field

I disagree with the absolute stud comment, I have seen several girls this age throw 11" in ball 50-53mph with good location and movement.

Apr 13, 2010
I disagree with the absolute stud comment, I have seen several girls this age throw 11" in ball 50-53mph with good location and movement.

Wow. Whatever area is breeding those girls should just write their ticket to all the D1 scholarships then. All that's left for them is the transition to a 12" ball and a 25% increase in speed.

Mar 13, 2010
I always have a hard time believing that young girls have high speed and movement. (under 10's anyways) I've played my entire life and have seen all the 'up and comers' and grew up playing against three national pitchers. Only one of them was a top pitcher at modball level (under 12, in my state we're slightly older before we transition from T-ball) The other two started pitching at modball and were middle of the field, but put the hard word in and became amazing.

The only pitcher I remember who was just jaw dropping amazing was throwing 90km/h at age 11. She hit puberty and couldn't throw anymore.

I've always had a hard time believing 12 year olds throwing 60mph. The world record is 68.9mph, thrown by a 23 year old Australian player (there have been faster, but Zara is the one with the record) I struggle to believe 12 year old's are anywhere near that level. If they are, why are they not being signed on the spot?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish