The Official Fastpitch Foundations Thread ;)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

javasource

6-4-3 = 2
May 6, 2013
Western NY
@javasource @Rick Pauly I tried to sign up tonight but your site would not except my password even though I was way beyond what it asked below:

A minimum password strength of weak is required. The password must be at least 6 characters in length. Consider adding letters, numbers, and symbols to increase the password strength.

FYI - I did all the above and much more but still wouldn't let me join. I am sure just a typical issue with a first time site but wanted to report back to you so you could fix it. Can't wait to sign in and jump aboard!!

S3
This is odd, the password verification allows weaker passwords last I checked. Will look for you.

javasource

6-4-3 = 2
May 6, 2013
Western NY
Just a question: did they get permission to use the picture of the USA pitcher (in uniform) on the site? The reason I ask is, I was informed by ASA several years ago that if I used a picture of myself in a Team USA uniform I would be sued, infringed copyrights apparently. Nice huh?
We can change a letter in the uniform via photoshop. 🤣 Rich asked student permission... admittedly, stopped there.

Aug 21, 2008
We can change a letter in the uniform via photoshop. 🤣 Rich asked student permission... admittedly, stopped there.

I was told in no uncertain terms if I used a picture of myself on my own website with a USA uniform, (playing or just a picture) I would be sued for copy right. I have no idea if they really would sue or not, but I certainly didn't take any chances. I'd hate to see you sued for it.

Apr 17, 2019
Not sure what password checking algorithm you're using for the site, but looks like it might be counting l33t words as a single bit of entropy? That does seem restrictive for the application.... You won't be collecting SPI, might want to consider loosening it.

Edit: I see it's Lifter LMS, and I see that it's using Wordpress's default algorithm. Seems like overkill, but looks like you're stuck with it if you're using the meter.

Edit 2 to add for the general public: If you're having trouble with the password generator, it counts dictionary words, simple patterns and repeated characters as one character. So, you can't use "Password123", that's only 2 characters to it. "Password12345H" is only 3 characters because 12345 is a simple pattern. You'd have to go with something like "Password123nnn555g" before you satisfied it with 6 characters.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
Not sure what password checking algorithm you're using for the site, but looks like it might be counting l33t words as a single bit of entropy? That does seem restrictive for the application.... You won't be collecting SPI, might want to consider loosening it.

Edit: I see it's Lifter LMS, and I see that it's using Wordpress's default algorithm. Seems like overkill, but looks like you're stuck with it if you're using the meter.

Edit 2 to add for the general public: If you're having trouble with the password generator, it counts dictionary words, simple patterns and repeated characters as one character. So, you can't use "Password123", that's only 2 characters to it. "Password12345H" is only 3 characters because 12345 is a simple pattern. You'd have to go with something like "Password123nnn555g" before you satisfied it with 6 characters.
Thankful for people smarter than me...

Nov 25, 2012
USA

Now that is impressive @gertrudethemutilator !!!! Holy smokes!!!! That is exactly what I initially did but you clearly know this stuff like the back of your hand. JUST WOW!!!!!!! Are you also one of the scientists who invented the Covid vaccination?? If you are not, you should be, sounds like you have extreme intelligence and talent. Very impressive and thanks for your post. Now go save the world!!!! We need more people like you!!

@javasource is like...............need a job? LOL!!!

S3

Mar 28, 2014

Stuff like this will humble you real quick like................ lol.

Apr 17, 2019
Now that is impressive @gertrudethemutilator !!!! Holy smokes!!!! That is exactly what I initially did but you clearly know this stuff like the back of your hand. JUST WOW!!!!!!! Are you also one of the scientists who invented the Covid vaccination?? If you are not, you should be, sounds like you have extreme intelligence and talent. Very impressive and thanks for your post. Now go save the world!!!! We need more people like you!!

@javasource is like...............need a job? LOL!!!

S3
lol, in my real life, our application had some very specific requirements, and I did a lot of research around password entropy.... Figured I'd save Mike the trouble of having to do that same research.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13