The look on her face was priceless!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 3, 2012
Missouri
DW was getting some video of our dd hitting the other day. DD just turned 12 recently and is playing her first year of 12u. She's been working with a hitting coach for a few weeks now, so she wants to go out and hit as much as she can. This was one of her longest hits so far, but the reason I wanted to share it was because of the look on her face after the ball lands. It was a great day! (Ignore the wha-hoe sound in the background....it was a friend of hers who was with us)

Mar 9, 2014 - YouTube

(Hope this works ok on here. I have struggled posting video in the past)

Dec 3, 2012
Missouri
We've talked about getting a screen. Just haven't done it yet. She has drilled me a few times, but it's mainly been in the legs and feet. I keep telling myself that my reflexes are still all that, but she has proved this old man wrong too many times already. One of her hardest hits is right back at the pitcher. Thanks for the info on the nets, I'll see what I can find in the next few days.

I almost wrote in the first post to also ignore the stupid old man not throwing from behind the safety of a screen! lol

Apr 1, 2010
I was doing front toss to DD yesterday from behind our Bownet and still didn't feel safe. So I pulled on her batting helmet. Thank goodness she didn't think to take my picture!

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Ok. Back to the swing. I am happy that she is doing so well. It is OK for you to pitch overhand, if you can wing them in there harder. It won't mess her up, at all.

She looks nice!

Dec 3, 2012
Missouri
Ok. Back to the swing. I am happy that she is doing so well. It is OK for you to pitch overhand, if you can wing them in there harder. It won't mess her up, at all.

She looks nice!

Ha ha! We will just call that my change up! She hits off of a machine at 55 mph and then can turn around and hit my slow stuff. But really, most of the time, I try to throw it in there a little faster and change up the speed most of the time. She looks best when she's hitting off if the machine with her hitting coach. (It's one with a video screen that is made to look like live pitching.
I'll go to the other computer and see if I can get a link of a video where she's hitting in that cage.

Dec 3, 2012
Missouri
This was her first time working with the hitting coach in this cage, and he was just watching her swing to see where she was and what needed to be worked on. I just wanted you to see the cage and the video screen. It's a pretty great place, really....

Feb 23, 2014 - YouTube

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
I was behind our screen front tossing yesterday when dd smoked one right back towards my face. I flinched so hard my neck is stiff 24 hours later. If that net wasn't there, GOD only knows how bad that could have been.
GO GET THE SCREEN!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207