The Load

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2017
I wouldn’t think you can find this mentally or mechanically. I think this plays into the pitchers hands at the end of the day dont forget you’re going against the greatest hitters number 1 rule.
No doubt! You can certainly get yourself out swinging at bad pitches. Told my dd a few years ago it was on her to develop the discipline needed to not chase bad pitches. I ain’t messing with her aggression lol. At the end of the day, I would much rather have to tune a hitter down than tune them up. How do we take an average hitter and make them a good hitter? Getting them on time, every time is a good start.

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020

Yogi Berra’s famous quotes: ‘Baseball is 90 per cent mental. The other half is physical’ ;)

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
The scapula is a thick, flat bone lying on the thoracic wall that provides an attachment for three groups of muscles: intrinsic, extrinsic, and stabilizing and rotating muscles. The intrinsic muscles of the scapula include the muscles of the rotator cuff—the subscapularis, teres minor, supraspinatus, and infraspinatus.[3] These muscles attach to the surface of the scapula and are responsible for the internal and external rotation of the shoulder joint, along with humeral abduction.

Have always paid attention to the hands moving to or starting in front of the deltoid; back elbow pulling back during stride (hands remaining in front of deltoid creating the 'stretch' in the loading); front foot heal plant starts hip forward); elbow starts down; everything after that is history.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
The scapula is a thick, flat bone lying on the thoracic wall that provides an attachment for three groups of muscles: intrinsic, extrinsic, and stabilizing and rotating muscles. The intrinsic muscles of the scapula include the muscles of the rotator cuff—the subscapularis, teres minor, supraspinatus, and infraspinatus.[3] These muscles attach to the surface of the scapula and are responsible for the internal and external rotation of the shoulder joint, along with humeral abduction.

Have always paid attention to the hands moving to or starting in front of the deltoid; back elbow pulling back during stride (hands remaining in front of deltoid creating the 'stretch' in the loading); front foot heal plant starts hip forward); elbow starts down; everything after that is history.

You swing with your back.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa

Just load and stretch. Simple.

Aug 20, 2017
99 out 100 kids have no scap usage.
I’ve swung a bat actively trying to load the scap. Felt slow and weird. Created tension in my upper. I’ve swung actively trying to load my hands. Felt more natural and had less tension in my upper. Not saying actively trying to scap load is not good but it wasn’t for me. I use a lot of TM coil stuff. But I always teach to use the hands to coil the upper

Edited to add that it feels more natural to me to stretch the upper using the bottom hand of the lead arm. Could be unique to each hitter

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I’ve swung a bat actively trying to load the scap. Felt slow and weird. Created tension in my upper. I’ve swung actively trying to load my hands. Felt more natural and had less tension in my upper. Not saying actively trying to scap load is not good but it wasn’t for me. I use a lot of TM coil stuff. But I always teach to use the hands to coil the upper

Edited to add that it feels more natural to me to stretch the upper using the bottom hand of the lead arm. Could be unique to each hitter

Try loading up and back more. When trying to load the scap directly it can cause issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkhill45