The Hugo Thread

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
So, she's hitting a changeup of some sort, gets foot down way early, but deals with it. Also steps out. Did she anticipate or read the inside pitch? And what did she do well to allow her to crush the ball when her timing was a little off (early)?

IMO, she is in sequence because of her pre-swing actions.. Those actions are released to create the secondary stretch in the sagittal plane.

Pre-swing sagittal actions..

Release/relax within the sagittal plane allows her to sit on most pitches.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
IMO, she is in sequence because of her pre-swing actions.. Those actions are released to create the secondary stretch in the sagittal plane.

Just to ensure no confusion, I agree she was in sequence. By timing, I meant the pitch to showed up a little later than she initially expected (off speed pitch), which is very often the case vs. good pitching and requires a good adjustment mechanism in the swing mechanics to handle it. Which she most definitely did.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Just to ensure no confusion, I agree she was in sequence. By timing, I meant the pitch to showed up a little later than she initially expected (off speed pitch), which is very often the case vs. good pitching and requires a good adjustment mechanism in the swing mechanics to handle it. Which she most definitely did.

Coogans, sorry I was just pointing out how the correct movements in sequence allow for this... IMO she moved out fb in her zone and sat off-speed. Balanced movements in sequence should allow you to drive any pitch within the zone as long as the eyes give you the correct read.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
Coogans, sorry I was just pointing out how the correct movements in sequence allow for this... IMO she moved out fb in her zone and sat off-speed. Balanced movements in sequence should allow you to drive any pitch within the zone as long as your eyes give you the correct read.

Correct. That's what I thought you meant, just wanted to make sure it didn't sound like I was questioning the sequence.

This is a great lesson for my daughter, who happens to love Hugo (UGA fan) and just watched the video clip with me. Like many TB players, DD will let the hands and torso drift and begin tilting/rotating early if fooled off-speed.

Since she's home sick from school, I got to make sure she stays on top of her lessons. :)

May 3, 2014
She was able to keep "loading/flexing" the hips (Cow) until she had to swing. Pulling back both legs until it was time to go.

Hugo%20release%20pre-swing%20actions_zpszm0qbgpx.gif

hugo_hr_20150315_bama_4th_side_zpse2wpa0a4.gif

the ability to adjust.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Pulling back both legs until it was time to go.

Butter, Not trying to trap, bait, disagree ect....
''Pulling back both legs". What area of the legs am I looking for this 'pull back'.
The whole leg.
The thigh area.
The waist area.
I myself look for/teach the 'pull back' above the waist area to my DD. Just what you are saying is new to me.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest

Butter, Not trying to trap, bait, disagree ect....
''Pulling back both legs". What area of the legs am I looking for this 'pull back'.
The whole leg.
The thigh area.
The waist area.
I myself look for/teach the 'pull back' above the waist area to my DD. Just what you are saying is new to me.

One leg pull back.

Learn to "get sat" practice sitting, and swinging.

Coil forward into "sat" use both legs.

hipflex.jpg

oops. Then is a bad word, because the resistance keeps increasing, no pause

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KittyGoneWild