The Hugo Thread

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Pitching her outside didn't work too well either. ;-) Still, it did stay inside the park...

I certainly have not seen anymore of her swings then posted on here, but with what I see as her bat path, hands in tight, knob pulled forward, late ish barrel to the ball, I would put a Chelsea Thomas type pitcher on her with a high in the zone hard rise or heat on the outside corner, and a change up on the inside edge of the zone.

Her oppo drives look unnatural.

Jan 20, 2015
Indiana
No offense intended for the previous post regarding how to pitch her,,,,,but she is one of the best hitters in the game unless you hit her or intentionally walk her it wont matter what you do or who is throwing it 60% of the time of better she is gonna hit the ball hard. Unless you bring the wiffle ball pitcher from ESPN sports science, other than wiffle ball man,,,,, she gonna hit

Jun 18, 2010
Here is a full at bat today for Hugo.
2 outs
runner on 3rd

Hugo gets behind in the count and drives an offspeed right back up the middle.

[video=youtube_share;dZH9sP4ktrU]http://youtu.be/dZH9sP4ktrU[/video]

Next AB, Hugo walks on 4 pitches. It wasn't an intentional walk per se, but she didn't get anything to swing at either.

The announcer said Georgia is leading the SEC in hitting followed by Auburn, LSU, the Miss St.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2015
illinois
Nice AB. Thanks for the footage Knight. Pitcher is a local girl that I have been following this year. Not an easy pitcher to hit off of and having a pretty good year so far as a sophmore as Ms state. She set some state records here in Illinois for (i believe) strikeouts and shutouts. Cannonball is probably familiar with her.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
New as of 02/19/2015:

hugo_hr2_zpshjfyq4xs.gif

A waist high change up on the inside half of the plate rarely ends well for the pitcher.....

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
2 outs
runner on 3rd

Next AB, Hugo walks on 4 pitches. It wasn't an intentional walk per se, but she didn't get anything to swing at either.

The announcer said Georgia is leading the SEC in hitting followed by Auburn, LSU, the Miss St.

I love the pre-swing pump she performs.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
2 outs
runner on 3rd

The pumping action IMO is a nice reminder of working the barrel in the sagittal plane.

Similar sagittal actions with Bonds.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi