The GAS thread

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 9, 2014
2 Mizuno Frenzy bats 8yo gets a 30 and 5yo gets a 28 (they are tall) both less than 40 each at Amazon
Second Pocket Radar $270
Bownet $170
Zepp Swing Senson $150

All in the last two weeks
Heading to sporting goods store this afternoon for a mask (for me, caught one in the face on a foul tip last week, perhaps I am not as fast as I used to be?)
Will need new clears for 8yo soon.
Also need some more balls....

and....
and....

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Just came in from PIAS, I really need to stay away from there. Bought a 30" Rocketech for $39.95 that seriously looks new. Don't
need it but could'nt leave there without it ! Bought my son a Miken big barrel composite bat for $20.00 that was a steal and bought
6 Evil balls for $30.00.
I need to set up some surveillance cameras there to watch what people bring in to trade and sell, its all about being lucky when you
walk through the door. I have seen several SRV4B bats there but always way too big for my DD. One day...

Dec 29, 2010
2 pairs batting gloves, mizuno swift metal cleats, tuff toe.

Need advice on gloves, She has a vinci 12' 3 years old, she needs/wants a new glove. Looking at the Wilson A2000 and A2000 super skin. Also the Louiville Xeno Fp glove 12 3/4. She going to be a freshmen and fall season first tourny in 3 weeks. Any advice much appreciated. She is a primary a pitcher, then 1b, then around the horn wherever coach needs her.

Apr 17, 2012
Wi
Turf pitching mat from eBay. Demarini cf6 from closeout bats bought both this week. Son is a little jealous, I told him he can use the turf mat too, it has a rubber he can practice with it. He's only 9 so he can get some use from it too.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Huge box of misc softball gear arriving Monday from one of the online vendors...

Softball pants, softball socks, scorebooks for the season, some cheap shirts on sale at the time, some colorful socks on sale, gear bag, smaller gear bag (for team first aid kit and misc stuff), rosin bags, gorilla grip, some cheap Rawlings wallet, couple of empty ball buckets, some coaching shorts on sale...

I went to the site for the softball pants. The rest magically added it self to the shopping cart and checked itself out (I swear)

Feb 12, 2014
I could post in this thread almost weekly. Here's just the last two weeks:

New Rawlings glove for my son ($249)
Full set of Wilson Pro Motion catcher's gear for my daugther.
Two sets of the Evoshield wrist guards. One set for each to wear while they catch.
Two sets of the Evoshield wrist bands. One set for each to wear while they are in the field.
Two long sleeve and two short sleeve compression shirts to match DD's new travel ball uniform.
New Louisville Slugger backpack for my son for fall ball.

It's crazy.

Mar 7, 2012
PA
This has been a busy month for me buying heck im not gonna lie these purchases have all been in the last 2 weeks.

2 - Bow nets (big mouth I bought new, than came across a soft toss version barely used on craigslist for $75 and i couldnt pass it up).
2 - Buckets of balls (from the guys selling the bownet - great for the teams hitting practice).
2 Dozen -Anywhere balls (formally know as the Mojo Ball)
1- Bunt sock w/ wiffles - came across it online and thought why not try it.
1- Spin right spinner (this was an impulse buy was on clearance for $9.97 at Dicks Sporting Goods)
Finally, purchase was the tee toppers and materials for 2 homemade tanner tees (per instructions from this site- which I have been asked about numerous times by other coaches since made).

May 18, 2009
DD just started fall baseball so I bought her an easton S1 bat that was used. Now I see a CF6 that I can pick up for 100$ I really like the pop the Demarini's have. Want to get her the bat. Fun watching her rip shots into the outfield. I think I enjoy watching hitting more than pitching.

Jul 23, 2014
DD has been working hard on her hitting so I was planning to get her a new bat before Fall tourneys. Saw someone posted that softball.com had the '14 Xeno for $150 today and it came with free shipping. Previously I was leaning toward the LXT for her and I saw that was $180. You can probably guess what happened next...yeah, I ordered both. :) I'm not planning on opening the Xeno unless she doesn't like the LXT.

Nov 6, 2013
Baja, AZ
Yeah, DD has also been working hard on her hitting, she had an off summer compared to previous seasons. I have a new 2014 LXT en route for her, to compliment her 2013 FS2.

But.............I goofed. DW found out and I'm in the dog house. "We have four out-of-state tournaments in the next two months, and you bought her a new bat?!!!"

Anyone heard that lately?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole