The GAS thread

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Problem is everything is blamed on the bat. Every bad swing will be "its not the CF I was swinging and I dont like it". I have a feeling she could have gotten 5 straight hits, and the first bad swing the bat would have been put away :)

You have a tough nut to crack there, but BP will help. One AB here and there with it isnt gonna do the job.

Nov 12, 2013
maritimes
stopped raining today dd did some hitting off a tee and liked the feel of the 2legit, took it to a rec game tonight and really liked it and her friend liked it as well. will see tomorrow how it goes against older, better players. both had a mishit tonight and said it felt fine too.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
After breaking her second handle on the RF in 6 months, I just ordered the 2015 Mizuno whiteout2 -9 end load. I guess we'll see how it goes. She likes the whiteout well enough but I screwed up and ordered her the balanced version. So bat # 7 is on the way; all in the last year. Meanwhile, Anderson will replace it with the Flexzilla so I'll send a report your way when she hits it and DD sees how she likes it.

Dec 7, 2011
New Mizuno 9 spike advanced swift cleats

It is with great sorrow that I must report that I am no longer a Mizuno fan for pitching toe shoes. After three sets of the previous Swift cleats working soooo well for DD Mizuno decided to redesign and provide a new Swift. I called out to DD right away that the wrap-around pitching toe was not as long on the inside as the old proven model. Well guess what,.....the pitching toe seperated right at the inside ball of the foot area. ARGH!!!! Why cant they just leave a working design alone!!!!!

Hopefully after coating the heck out of it wth Boot Guard the shoe will still last at least through the rest of the summer-season.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
It is with great sorrow that I must report that I am no longer a Mizuno fan for pitching toe shoes. After three sets of the previous Swift cleats working soooo well for DD Mizuno decided to redesign and provide a new Swift. I called out to DD right away that the wrap-around pitching toe was not as long on the inside as the old proven model. Well guess what,.....the pitching toe seperated right at the inside ball of the foot area. ARGH!!!! Why cant they just leave a working design alone!!!!!

Hopefully after coating the heck out of it wth Boot Guard the shoe will still last at least through the rest of the summer-season.

I'm having the same issue with my 15yo DD's Miz Swift cleats. I bought a TuffToe, but I think the shoe was too chewed up to provide a good bonding surface, so it didn't stay on even through a 30 minute pitching lesson. I'm going to try a ShoeGoo-type of product next.

As for GAS...

New stuff:
- UtiliTee folding hitting tee. I am really digging this thing. It's light, sturdy, and folds small enough to fit in my BowNet bag.
- Rip-It helmet (matte black) for my 9yo DD's Fall "select" team.

Lust list (and stuff we will need soon):
- 31/20 CF5 or CF6
- 12 - 11" RIF balls
- 4 - 12" Dream Seam balls
- Cleats for the 9yo DD

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Latest gear (b-day presents for the little F'ers)...

- Rip-It helmet (matte red)
- Demarini CF6 Sprite 31/20

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole