The GAS thread

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I know these aren't FP...but I have had an addiction since I was young with bats. Here are a few more added to my stable the past month or so. Not pictured is my "extra" psychos that I always filter some each model year into my house and the Fulk Ressy USSSA. The Filby and Balanced Z4 belong to my fiancé as I have gotten her addicted as well. I believe I am fast approaching triple digits in bats in my house and bat bags.

Also have an Easton Kirby on its way and USA Flipper.

bptime.jpg

Nov 6, 2013
Baja, AZ
BUMP THIS THREAD.

Looks like it's been nearly a year since I posted. How much money have I spent on DDs softball gear since? Let's see... 3 dozen Diamond PGF balls for pitching practice. She played at 12U and up to 14U in her org so a pair of Ringor metals and two pair of Mizuno molded cleats with tuff-toe applied at factory (for the Mizunos), a new Bownet Big Mouth (got lazy with the old Juggs round thing and donated it to the local LL), and just yesterday, a NIW 2015 Louisville Slugger LXT 33/23 (smokin' deal but she's outgrown her 32/22).

What else bro's and sis's?

BUMP!

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Yesterday, I received a 32/22 Miken Freak Black from Core. It will wait patiently in its wrapper until my DD has outgrown her 31" MFB. She doesn't know about the new one.

My current GAS pains are focused mostly on creating a hitting cage behind my garage, but some planning and earthwork will be required.

Oct 13, 2014
Metro ATL
Yesterday, I received a 32/22 Miken Freak Black from Core. It will wait patiently in its wrapper until my DD has outgrown her 31" MFB. She doesn't know about the new one.

My current GAS pains are focused mostly on creating a hitting cage behind my garage, but some planning and earthwork will be required.

Ours came Friday. Oh Eric, it is a thing of beauty. On Saturday she hit a triple (so beautifully shot into the gap) and then a grand slam (ok, we discussed it was really another triple, with a bad throw home which allowed her to score). Getting more swings in tonight! You will both love it!

Dec 11, 2010
I have been bad this summer. Portable batting cage and "A Frame" screen, (Morrosports.com), a Hack Attack Jr. and "team feeder" off Craigslist, a Mako and a Xeno from some dude in Pennsylvania and I'm about to buy two more Xenos's on a really good team purchase type deal.

The most useful purchase was 200 plus softballs, mostly leather and not beat mushy off Craigslist. Buck a piece. Have got a lot of use out of them already.

I just sold a Softballpowerdrive and some bats but the outgoing is not catching up with the incoming.

Last edited:

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Now that my DD is swinging a 34/24 bat, I am scouring Ebay for old Stealth and Synergy bats that are still ASA certified....

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Since last time, a new pair of molded Ringors for indoor play, 2 new Mizuno Whiteout2 Extreme 34/25 's, a new ball bucket and cover, a pocket radar with tripod and holder for both it, and my tablet, all new All-Star catching gear for DD, a new All-Star catcher's mitt, a second Bow Net Big Mouth and will need to purchase a new pop-up since the last one gave up the ghost at the last tourney and a new pair of Ringor Metals for DD since hers are 4 years old and the heels are ripping out of them due to her not liking to un-tie her shoes.

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
New Xeno with expertly applied grip from Core, new pair of Mizuno leg guards, two pairs of batting gloves, two new pairs of leather Mizuno metals (screaming deal on Homerunmonkey and they had them in the new TB team colors), NoE2 catchers bag and a batting helmet. However DD made a new TB team so we are getting another batting helmet in the new team colors, new team swag (sweatshirts, etc) and two new sets of unis with the prerequisite triple the alloted socks (my requirement since DD can destroy a pair of socks in a week)...

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2013
Texas
The GAS force is strong! I am gonna have to buy a new pair of metal cleats since DD's are nubby and another pair of molded cleats since the turf facilities were are going to play at this weekend does not allow metals. A new LXT will be purchased soon, because of Core's LS shipment. The good news is that I sold two old bats that will end of paying for the new bat. Winning!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207