The coach putting them through conditioning

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
A little conditioning may be good for them, but they are there to play softball, not run track...

This ^^^ reminds me of our last tournament. Blue came over to our dugout at the end of a big inning for our team, and said, "This is softball. You have a track team out here!" Our girls are runners. I would consider my DD to be average speed for her age. On this team, she's in the bottom 3 or 4.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
This ^^^ reminds me of our last tournament. Blue came over to our dugout at the end of a big inning for our team, and said, "This is softball. You have a track team out here!" Our girls are runners. I would consider my DD to be average speed for her age. On this team, she's in the bottom 3 or 4.

Speed is a great weapon in softball because of the shorter bases, and a wise man once said "speed does not slump"....

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Speed is a great weapon in softball because of the shorter bases, and a wise man once said "speed does not slump"....

We had a blast this year in 18U as we had 7 slappers. Totally different dynamic with a lineup that had 3 slappers followed by 2-3 pure power hitters followed by more speed which allowed us to jump on teams from the start. We have never scored runs like we did this year. :)

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
"Bear crawl". IMO, It's a good core-strength exercise in small doses. I'm not surprised that someone got hurt doing it for an extended amount of time.
The bear crawl is a part of our practice warm up, we'll do a dynamic warm up and stretch with high leg kicks down and crawls back.... However, its only about 50-60 feet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish