Thanks to All for your guidance

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 5, 2010
I've been away for some time now but have not forgotten where it started. We owe you all so much for having this site available to those of us who did not have access to quality advise in the beginning. I don't know where my daughter would be right now if I had not stumbled across this site early on. I wish she had been three years younger because this site has evolved so much due to new members that have added their talents to the already solid group.
I have taken so much from so many but would like to openly thank those who opened my mind in the beginning. Sluggers, BM and those who seemed to have gotten this site going. BH for coming to our area sharing his knowledge and humor, Maddie will never forget the evening we spent together. RP who has been there to answer questions when things weren't progressing, we can't thank you enough and owe you a great deal. Java for your insight into drive mechanics and ability to break things down enough to get a better understanding of how and why.
To all who have driven home the understanding that it is a marathon and takes time and hard work to reach goals. The understanding that 2 steps back will at times be needed to move just one small step forward is so important.
Lastly for those newbies who read this and are thinking that speed is the be all end all to play D-1 softball I would say this; look at your dd with open eyes, be REALISTIC in her ability, and exploit the talents she has. Never ever underestimate correct spin and changing speeds. Coaches who understand these things will not care a whole lot about speed if she can disguise (ALL 15 OF THEM LOL) her pitches. Keeping hitters off balance is a talent and 21 outs is 21 outs:rolleyes::rolleyes:. Not glamours but effective none the less and does have a place even at the D-1 level.

Thanks to all for your help dedication to getting your word out
MadsDad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadmad