Team fundraiser coach wants the money paid in cash.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 26, 2020
what's he going to pay for in cash? The only thing we ever use cash for is to pay umpires at the plate. If we do a fundraiser where we are panhandling the cash gets deposited into the bank the next day.

Jun 21, 2019
As long as there is a report on money in, and money out, I'm ok with this. In hockey, this is more prevalent than in Softball. But each year, my son's team has a slush fund for tournaments, coaches, etc. It's normally paid via check, Venmo/PayPal. But the team manager has to provide a spreadsheet breaking down costs. The costs are usually transparent, so it would be obvious if someone is planning to steal money.

Aug 6, 2013
I have paid in cash and when we did superbowl squares I also received cash from people that I passed along. That being said all money sent along was documented in writing and sent to the treasurer and verified by whomever I gave the money too. I don't see our treasurer very often so I will have the girl child give it to the coach and then text him and have him verify he received it to pass along. That has worked fine for us. At no time, though, was it required to give cash. I will say - cash apps require a fee now so it sucks I can't use Venmo without having to pay extra and for as much as we pay in dues, I'm not paying extra, hence why I sometimes give cash but usually a check.

May 2, 2019
This odd request is a red flag; it would be a no from me along with some questions.

Our org rarely uses cash (it's almost frowned upon due to the ease of ApplePay, Zelle, and a host of other xfer style payments). But there are exceptions when cash is dominant (raffle tickets, snack bars, org carnival).

If he's a high character person and you trust there is a good reason, I'd at the very least, I'd want to know why.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles