Team Chants

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 8, 2019
Looking for some ideas for team chant/ cheers to pump up the team before a game.

For example one of my daughter's old teams stood in a circle and repeated one like "I...I Believe.....I Believe that....I believe that we...I believe that we will...I belive that we will win....I belive that we will win...."

Or they do the "I'm fired up, you fired up YEAH. I'm fired up, you fired up YEAH. I can't hear you ____" and someone else leads.

Or the " Hi my name is ____ and you know what I got? What do you got? I've got a team that's hotter than hot. How Hot is Hot? Hotter than the fires that burn below. How do you know? Because my friend _____ told me so...."

What other ideas have you seen?!?!

Nov 8, 2019
It's just one of my daughter's favorite things. I know it's a touchy subject in the softball world, but at 10/11 years old they love it and I genuinely feel that if their mood is pumped it is reflected in their performance. The kids who don't get up and engage are more likely to be displaying poor body language on the field. Look good, feel good, play good- there is some psychology there for being polished and having a good attitude and performance. :)

Dec 15, 2018
CT
At 14U, my DD's team doesn't do a pre-game chant (or really any chants anymore)...but I will say, on a pretty nice run this July through nationals they started (organically, and obviously ironically) belting out a katy perry song as loud as they could before the game. It was horrifying as a parent (as are most of these chant type things), but it definitely kept them loose and started serving as a superstitious good luck thing. Fall (new season) has started and they don't do it any more, but it was a fun (for them) short term thing.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I know you asked about pregame which I have nothing for, need to ask DD. I am not big on any of it

DD in dugout during games and a quiet dugout cannot co exist.

New team we were battling, HC coaching 3rd yelled at bench to shut up because the batter could not hear them. So they shutup.

Couple innings latter, HC asked why are you all so quiet? You yelled at us to be quiet.

They learned to coexist, mostly the HC changed.

I think DD got some playing time just to get her out of the dugout.

Oct 4, 2018
Looking for some ideas for team chant/ cheers to pump up the team before a game.

For example one of my daughter's old teams stood in a circle and repeated one like "I...I Believe.....I Believe that....I believe that we...I believe that we will...I belive that we will win....I belive that we will win...."

Or they do the "I'm fired up, you fired up YEAH. I'm fired up, you fired up YEAH. I can't hear you ____" and someone else leads.

Or the " Hi my name is ____ and you know what I got? What do you got? I've got a team that's hotter than hot. How Hot is Hot? Hotter than the fires that burn below. How do you know? Because my friend _____ told me so...."

What other ideas have you seen?!?!

We have done all three of these in our years of softball. However, all those three were more rec ball or 10U travel.

In 12U travel, they do some tik tok type dances more often before games. The game has gotten so serious -- I'm all for some silliness and getting loose before the games.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA