Teaching the high level pattern

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Is Bregman TTB here? Is Altuve? They both look like they are; just not so far behind them.

No they’re not. They know how to shift weight and contract their core. Fast hands happen after core contraction which is the turn or acceleration during a good swing. Watch the belt buckle rise. That happens through pulling(contracting)with the obliques.

You only need to cast err TTB when you haven’t shifted bc there is no real stretch/contraction aka speed created yet. Its all compensations. Meaning there is no natural use of the body. It’s all manufactured.On the other hand, the movements during a pro swing are natural reactions to proper torque/force sequenced/exuded from the middle of the body.

Reactions: TDS
Oct 2, 2017
No they’re not. They know how to shift weight and contract their core. Fast hands happen after core contraction which is the turn or acceleration during a good swing. Watch the belt buckle rise. That happens through pulling(contracting)with the obliques.

You only need to cast err TTB when you haven’t shifted bc there is no real stretch/contraction aka speed created yet. Its all compensations. Meaning there is no natural use of the body. It’s all manufactured.On the other hand, the movements during a pro swing are natural reactions to proper torque/force sequenced/exuded from the middle of the body.
Can you give me your definition of "Fast Hands" and what that means? For example is it a directional cue? thanks

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Is Bregman TTB here? Is Altuve? They both look like they are; just not so far behind them.

Yes. Altuve's turn is a bit deeper because he works more on/behind his rear hip, where Bregman works more in front of his rear hip. For both, the initiation of the barrel turn is happening as the hands are moving in connection with the rear shoulder (I've always liked the description from @redhotcoach - "shoulder delivers the hands").

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Can you give me your definition of "Fast Hands" and what that means? For example is it a directional cue? thanks

Its the recruitment of the hands after you have turned. It’s the ‘whip’ of the barrel. Or knob ‘to’. When maneuvering a whip the hands must come forward to lag/release the barrel. I’m pretty sure we’ve covered this CL.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Let’s your eyes tell you what you see wo prejudice. Pretty clear.

No, no, no. Your just blind. You have a belief system, which usually sounds like gibberish, and therefor leaves one blind to the truth.

I’ve heard stories like people learning there’s trees 🌳 and flowers 🌺 they never seen in places. They were blind, until an experience restored their sight.

• Sad
Reactions: TDS
Aug 20, 2020
I'm a little confused on the relationship between turning the barrel rearward (which shoots the knob of the bat skyward) and then subsequently rolling over the hands (i.e., pushing the top hand past the bottom hand at some point). Are those two things consistent with each other?

Oct 2, 2017
Its the recruitment of the hands after you have turned. It’s the ‘whip’ of the barrel. Or knob ‘to’. When maneuvering a whip the hands must come forward to lag/release the barrel. I’m pretty sure we’ve covered this CL.
I was just curious, I've heard the term fast hands used before, I was just curious of your definition is all. You define it as take the knob to the ball or direction as fast as possible, no harm no foul

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00