Teaching the high level pattern

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
I would say the back via tilt and the back leg pulling. But mostly the hands though. In reality it’s drag w a cast.
You are skipping ahead in the textbook....nothing Mike has said so far precludes using the core in a way you prefer..overachiever :LOL:

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
So I don't want to tread to deep for the more I seem to think I know, the more I realize I don't lol.

I think Mike will lead into that, but that engine needs something the power, and a turning barrel seems like a good option, otherwise that strong engine below (core, leg, hip etc just to lump it for now for whatever belief system) is gonna drag what's up top when it explodes from it's stretched/loaded position. And just the 'down to' motion isn't enough to get the barrel right, I don't think anyway. And there doesn't seem time to itemize those feels. So it seems logical to get the turn of the hands/forearms correct (which is powerful in their own right).

The reason why the core needs to be a prevalent power source is bc the swing has to be short. Keeping things in the sagittal plane does this. It promotes deeper contact always but can be delayed to wait for a ball a bit longer. When you merge power sources from other planes of motion things get twisted and or less efficient. That’s the short answer.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00