Teaching the high level pattern

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
In working with the swing I have 3 basic checkpoints
1. setup (load)
2. Deep take
3. Stop at contact
TTB perpendicular to the forearm IMO helps you achieve this in a posture that transfers in to the launch of the swing smoothly.

Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
Before I break that down, I’m going to explain a little more about TTB . I struggled with this for quite a while. I do explain it a little bit different than Richard but hopefully we get the same results.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I am referring to the phantom corner that needs to be maintained.. Bonds swings "down to" out front with no turning behind a corner.

Ihwjoah.gif

wlM8Puy.gif

It’s a good thing you don’t coach anyone.🙈

May 16, 2019
I'm not ignoring the questions or comments but trying to stay on the path. Corner? If, you don't subscribe to a corner then ABAF is your way to hit and unless you play slow pitch I wish you luck change ups and off speed. Not a big anatomy person but google says the oblique's are part of the core and wrap around the back.

May 16, 2019
It really doesn't matter what camp your in, better bat control with your hand and body supporting the swing IMO should be a good thing. A lot of this is transferrable to almost any swing method.

May 16, 2019
Let me take a step back and go Tony Robbins or Dr. Phil on you........

At the root of my hitting philosophy, I believe the swing is at it's best done on the unconscious level. Tapping in to that part of the brain where the elite athletes perform. We practice consciously but preform unconsciously but you have to create that environment.

This is one of the reasons I chose HLP.... suddenness, instant, so fast you don't have time to think , are synonymous with the HLP of hitting.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I'm not ignoring the questions or comments but trying to stay on the path. Corner? If, you don't subscribe to a corner then ABAF is your way to hit and unless you play slow pitch I wish you luck change ups and off speed. Not a big anatomy person but google says the oblique's are part of the core and wrap around the back.

This is a good topic. I think this is the root of the HLPs’ issues. Not understanding timing. So corners and tilting and one-leggedness has to be present. Balance isn’t a thing you can master when hitting. It can only be reasoned with. Too many variables. Imho.

Do you see the differences to alter his timing? His depth? Same short swing.

1652366397352.gif

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207