Teaching the high level pattern

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 16, 2019
He is talking about loading late and getting the foot down early so I don't think you agree...or maybe you do..who knows ;)
Umm. The better the pitcher. The more you eliminate pitches or zones. mechanics are FUNDAMENTAL. You long or early? YOU’RE OUT! The approach to stay short gets you hits against good pitching. You see it longer. You get fooled less. You expand less.

Thanks in advance.

I didn't see the fine print in this. I though I was taking to an HLP guy. Guess not all fundamentals are actually fundamental, Thanks Pattar.. checks in the mail

Oct 2, 2017
I was talking about the short swing part and what WW meant by that..maybe Mike was agreeing with something else. I don't really care enough to figure that out :p
I was looking at as W is wanting the hitter to be short to the ball. I never heard of any hitting philosophy that doesn't want Short to the ball. They all claim that there method is short to the ball. So that a hitter can adjust. See the ball longer etc.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Umm. The better the pitcher. The more you eliminate pitches or zones. mechanics are FUNDAMENTAL. You long or early? YOU’RE OUT! The approach to stay short gets you hits against good pitching. You see it longer. You get fooled less. You expand less.

Thanks in advance.

I didn't see the fine print in this. I though I was taking to an HLP guy. Guess not all fundamentals are actually fundamental, Thanks Pattar.. checks in the mail

See my latest post to CL. That’s the biggest difference.

Jun 8, 2016
I was looking at as W is wanting the hitter to be short to the ball. I never heard of any hitting philosophy that doesn't want Short to the ball. They all claim that there method is short to the ball. So that a hitter can adjust. See the ball longer etc.
You are right.

Oct 2, 2017
Not really many HLP guys want a slow and early loading process. Staying back etc. I want it to be short and quick. I want to back the ball up w timing not the body. Make sense?
What does that mean? Isn't the whole purpose of loading on time and not late is to put the body into position to hit and adjust if required?

Oct 2, 2017
Not really many HLP guys want a slow and early loading process. Staying back etc. I want it to be short and quick. I want to back the ball up w timing not the body. Make sense?
Slow and Early is subjective to each player, depending their particular style. The staying back is simply the idea of not losing the rear leg relationship to early. and to transfer on time. IMO

Pitchers whole purpose is to disrupt timing and get the hitter to their front side early.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeeTD&Coach