Sydney Littlejohn

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 25, 2011
Would like to see a side view of her feet. Her toe is pointed down and she does not replant, so not sure if she would get called for leaping unless there is some serious air.

Look at the shadow, not saying they would call her, but she doesn't drag her toe.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I see a big time leap.

Not saying she does not leap, but when the pitcher has her toe pointed the ground I think most umpires are more reluctant to call it. If she was replanting and crow hopping I think the chances of an IP being called would go up considerably. That said there is a good chance it will be called in the WCWS, but I think she is safe until then....anyone know how many IPs Littlejohn was called for last season?

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Not saying she does not leap, but when the pitcher has her toe pointed the ground I think my umpires are more reluctant to call it. If she was replanting and crow hopping I think the chances of an IP being called would go up considerably. That said there is a good chance it will be called in the WCWS, but I think she is safe until then....anyone know how many IPs Littlejohn was called for last season?

I have yet to see a pitcher drag the side of her foot and not throw an IP. Fix the mechanics, the IP goes away, and they throw even better. :)

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Now this is why I'm here.... I'm wanting the experts to tell me how to throw that CURVE... or at least see a couple argue about how to. :cool:

Its not the corkscrew... I'm even thinking video (Ball Path) was altered...

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
It looks to me like a very well thrown palm up curve. To the point made by Westwinds DD, a common trait among elite level pitchers is freakish flexibility. My DD has a healthy dose of it and uses it to her advantage with her rise.

Go ahead and try this at home:

1) Stand facing a table and put your palm on the table with your fingers facing toward you.

2) Now rotate your arm/hand 360 degrees and place your hand back on the table.

However, she says that her roommate Haley Copeland who throws a great curve can do things with her wrist and fingers that even she cannot do. :)

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2009
DD roomed with SL during a camp put on by Alabama, my DD only had nice things to say about Sidney and her pitching skills.

I like the movement on the pitch where she is throwing in the bullpen, but I would like to see a little more dropping action on the curve than the pitch shown.

Another question, notice how she uses the hips when throwing the curve, how much do some of you feel the hips are vital in getting this kind of break on the curve ball?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi