Sydney Littlejohn

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 12, 2013
maritimes
friday night at practice my youngest was trying out the 2seam grip riseball had posted and was getting a similar type of movement, not nearly as much but similar, maybe a bit more down also.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
I can see his [her youth pitching coach] hallmarks all over her pitching.

You've notice she (Littlejohn) often stomps and jumps with her landing foot. It's appealing to me because I have a pitcher who somewhat collapses upon landing. I think this foot-stomp/jump would help her.

May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY
I wonder what the magic combination of speed/spin is required to get movement like that? (assuming axis is correct)
58-60mph/28-30rps?

Too fast and it wont move like that, correct?

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
I wonder what the magic combination of speed/spin is required to get movement like that? (assuming axis is correct)
58-60mph/28-30rps?

Too fast and it wont move like that, correct?

Yes, there is definitely a sweet spot. For my DD it is 2-4 mph under her top speed, otherwise she "throws through the break". Cat Osterman is well known for throwing several mph less to get the best command and movement on her pitches.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Sydney Littlejohn 03/01/2015 versus ULL's Shellie Landry. Landry HR to Left.

Same pitch from behind.

Based on the pitchers finish and the way the catcher moves outside during the pitchers windup, and the pitch is on the inside half of the plate, this looks like a curveball that did not curve....and it got HAMMERED!

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Nice curve, to bad she should get called for an illegal pitch.

Would like to see a side view of her feet. Her toe is pointed down and she does not replant, so not sure if she would get called for leaping unless there is some serious air.

May 17, 2012
Curve

sydney_littlejohn_curve2_zpsbhtmhynb.gif

Nice curve but a terrible frame by the catcher.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi