Swinging behind the corner

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
It's one thing to teach a method and everything he does...But he's such an asshole it's hard to watch him. He's more about being an asshole and saying there is only one way, versus adapting and understanding there are many different ways to get to a quality swing...no one hitter is the same and different methods work for different hitters. YES we know the basics and what to avoid for bad habits, but teacherman is just always an rear and super arrogant.

PS.
Work wins, if your still dying on the hands control everything hill, I don't agree. They can accelerate faster and make adjustments as needed, but it's still a coil uncoil world, with a strong lower half that puts it all together.

The hands are not wet noodles. What you’re trying to create is a pivot w centripetal force. You can only do that w the hands in control of what they’re doing. This is what the baseball swing looks like.

1704633178380.gif

The hands are the gps for the rest. The center is the midline and the hands are the can. It’s imperative to get the hands behind the COM(sequence) during load/stride. Thereafter you’re trying to close that same gap you created w the pivot to throw the barrel from.

If not. Then you’ll drag it or push it. Guaranteed. The hands are the swing. You just gotta connect them correctly.

Sep 22, 2021
Sioux Falls, SD
The hands are not wet noodles. What you’re trying to create is a pivot w centripetal force. You can only do that w the hands in control of what they’re doing. This is what the baseball swing looks like.

View attachment 29234

The hands are the gps for the rest. The center is the midline and the hands are the can. It’s imperative to get the hands behind the COM(sequence) during load/stride. Thereafter you’re trying to close that same gap you created w the pivot to throw the barrel from.

If not. Then you’ll drag it or push it. Guaranteed. The hands are the swing. You just gotta connect them correctly.
Yes hands behind sequence/separation, but they don't lead in movement forward. Notice hips and shoulder uncoil movements prior to launching of hands here, with Bryce as one example of every hitter. Hands separate the greats when all else is good "We agree 100% there" They just don't lead the swing sequence outside of the loading part in their rear path back, prior to bat launch.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Yes hands behind sequence/separation, but they don't lead in movement forward. Notice hips and shoulder uncoil movements prior to launching of hands here, with Bryce as one example of every hitter. Hands separate the greats when all else is good "We agree 100% there" They just don't lead the swing sequence outside of the loading part in their rear path back, prior to bat launch.

Movements and launching are to different things. Are you sure you see those segments as ‘launching’ before the hands or are they moving/positioning themselves to attain the goal?

Like I said the hands aren’t wet noodles.. they are way behind in space to the contact point.. you don’t think they need to move asap? What you say makes sense until the pitching is too fast to drag the bat there.. and that my friend is when kids don’t find much interest in playing anymore bc they can’t keep up..

Sep 22, 2021
Sioux Falls, SD
Movements and launching are to different things. Are you sure you see those segments as ‘launching’ before the hands or are they moving/positioning themselves to attain the goal?

Like I said the hands aren’t wet noodles.. they are way behind in space to the contact point.. you don’t think they need to move asap? What you say makes sense until the pitching is too fast to drag the bat there.. and that my friend is when kids don’t find much interest in playing anymore bc they can’t keep up..
They are simply uncoiling forward before the hands eject forward.. coil uncoil, again, I'm not saying the hands are not a big deal. the hands are freaking huge for all the difference makers in history, but if you're making the statement that the hands are launching prior to that, that's false.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
They are simply uncoiling forward before the hands eject forward.. coil uncoil, again, I'm not saying the hands are not a big deal. the hands are freaking huge for all the difference makers in history, but if you're making the statement that the hands are launching prior to that, that's false.

The hands are first. What else is launching? Why would you launch anything else? Uncoil? You mean creating space? Rotation is a result.

Sep 22, 2021
Sioux Falls, SD
You can see it in every video swing, the hands just snap faster like a whip accelerates faster to the point. The uncoiling leads to the snap of the hands. Again, NOT downplaying what the hands mean, how they adjust, and how they differentiate the greats, but to say they fire forward before everything else isn't correct.

I've said my peace on it.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
You can see it in every video swing, the hands just snap faster like a whip accelerates faster to the point. The uncoiling leads to the snap of the hands. Again, NOT downplaying what the hands mean, how they adjust, and how they differentiate the greats, but to say they fire forward before everything else isn't correct.

I've said my peace on it.

Yeah sure. I’m not arguing w you. I want to know how you came up w this? I want you to support your theory. Can you? If not I’ll leave it alone. But to say things then not support just teases me. Do you follow any other gurus?a lot of them now agree w me. Funny how that works.. if you have centripetal force, how do you get that to work without using your hands to launch things?

Ps. The reason why it feels like an attack is bc you aren’t able to explain it.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa

It’s simple. Said near a 100 years ago by Lou Gehrig “keep the hands back and ready to hit/swing”

Lou, Jr and Ohtani all swing with the hands back I’ll post video.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619