swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 25, 2011
This is a discussion I would be interested in. If you are teaching the A.Jones swing to a student (10-18 years old) , how would you communicate the movements without being too technical and over their heads. I dont believe this was an attack on jbooth theory. I think it was more of a discussion about "how" he teaches this. Am I wrong?
No, it was not meant as an attack on anyone. I would just like to see one video of a student that they have worked with. I know that many posters have asked before me. Noontime, than turns it on me about what I see and would do. If my memory is correct, I have never proclaimed to be a HC or any kind of instuctor. Just saying that I could post video of MLB players and tell people what I mightsee and feel that they are doing,just like a lot of the experts.That in no way means I know what I'm talking about. I have one student and that is my dd. It seems to me everybody see and teaches something different. But when someone shows a MLB player hitting, it really means to me,that they can watch videos and give their toughts. Just saying

Aug 28, 2012
Noontime, than turns it on me about what I see and would do.
My apologies Nano, I wasn't trying to turn anything on you. I addressed your other point about the video request and followed up on something I understood you to be saying was something you could do. I was genuinely interested in hearing your thoughts on some swings or a swing of your choosing. I am very appreciative of those who put forth an effort to share their thoughts and information as that is pretty much the idea on these boards.

If my memory is correct, I have never proclaimed to be a HC or any kind of instuctor. Just saying that I could post video of MLB players and tell people what I mightsee and feel that they are doing,just like a lot of the experts.
So go for it. I think you'll find that if you put in the effort to articulate your thoughts in writing it will do a lot for crystallizing the concepts in your head, which will then allow you to better instruct your student...be it yourself, your child, your team, or your academy :) You'll get some agreeing with you and some disagreeing with you and through the process you'll modify the things that didn't hold up.

That in no way means I know what I'm talking about. I have one student and that is my dd.
Seems to me that with such an important student you would want to know what you are talking about.... see process above.

It seems to me everybody see and teaches something different.
not everybody, but there are some differences yes. Understanding what those differences mean to you and your ability to teach your DD is all that should matter to you yes? So how do you do that?

But when someone shows a MLB player hitting, it really means to me,that they can watch videos and give their toughts. Just saying
These sites would be pretty worthless if nobody watched videos or shared their thoughts... just saying :)

Cheers,
NoonTime

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA