Swing stats off the charts, but issues at the plate

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 16, 2018
The metrics look pretty good, a little high on the attack metric. I will look at it further.

Turn the barrel, TTB. It just means you are applying force over the entire swing, no slop.
got it.. thanks for the clarifications. LMK if you find anything hidden in the data.. and thank you!

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Everyone's best buddy would disagree with this definition.. :p

You might be right, lol. It came from Jack Mankin. He preached to apply force throughout the entire arc.

(Edit)
Richard describes it as you start the swing and everything is over after swing initiation. He wouldn’t agree with the force being applied over the entire arc.

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
Here's an approach I like for introducing how to TTB to contact by using the hands/arms, rather than swinging the arms around the body...

On another note...We've dumped a lot of new info on you. Take the time to digest it, and start to understand it in your own head. Swing a bat and feel it for yourself. Dropping a bunch of new stuff on your DD all at once is a recipe for frustration and confusion. Changing the muscle memory pattern of a complex movement like a swing takes time and a TON of correct reps. It's a process, not a quick fix.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
giphy.gif

TTB, no driving the hands/barrel forward. No slop.

May 4, 2020
Hi all - Looking for some advice as I've hit a wall with my 13-yr old DD. Our program uses blast motion heavily and her swing data for the past 2 years is off the charts for her age (from what I can tell).. but at the plate she is struggling and has lost her way. She lunges at times but more importantly when I watch video, she is bringing her head down in line with the ball after the ball is pitched.. which I believe is the root cause of the problem as it's tough to adjust when your head is moving vertically downward.. I just don't know what to do to fix it. I've got plenty of video... if it would help.

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks all!
It looks like she is reaching for the ball instead of trying to swing through the ball. Her stance is a little wider than I like to see. She looks off balance during the swing. One of my pet peaves is the front foot up on toes/toe touch. Leave the front foot on the ground, relax, & stride forward.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619