Swing stats off the charts, but issues at the plate

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I've added 2 videos from some work we did yesterday.. first one was before discussing and changing anything, second is the result.. progress I hope?

I see a lot of head movement as the swing is initiated. Needs to learn how to coil/swing around the head.

First thing I see is she needs to learn how to TTB. A short swing vs her current arm action slop, which is long. You need to have a stable upper thorax for the upper body to work, not one that is moving forward while swinging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I've added 2 videos from some work we did yesterday.. first one was before discussing and changing anything, second is the result.. progress I hope?

At the very start of the first video, she does a quick move to the ball before she set up to take her swing. When she does this, her barrel is parallel to the floor and her hands are at the level of the ball. This is not the correct approach, and may likely be an indicator that she has a flawed concept of the swing. The swing is not parallel to the ground, it is a tilted plane that tilts more or less depending upon pitch location. The tilt of the swing plane will also be matched (pretty close) by the tilt of the shoulders. Also pay attention to how the hands are the center-point for the rotation of the barrel.

Dec 16, 2018
I would like to see all of them. Just curious what her early connection, connection at impact, attack angle, etc.. Whatever you want to look up, I’m curious where she’s at metric wise.
Cool.. thanks! Swings from yesterday can be found here:

Dec 16, 2018
I see a lot of head movement as the swing is initiated. Needs to learn how to coil/swing around the head.

First thing I see is she needs to learn how to TTB. A short swing vs her current arm action slop, which is long. You need to have a stable upper thorax for the upper body to work, not one that is moving forward while swinging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What is TTB?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez