Hitting Advice

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 16, 2018
Hi all - Still trying to fix some hitting issues with my DD. I can't get my head around how she actually does this or why.. and as such, I am struggling to help her fix it.

It's the strangest and most frustratimg issue.. and this bad habit is significantly hurting her at the plate..

Any help would be greatly appreicated!D_LeaningSwing_Mar28_2021.png

Attachments

• HittingLead.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 34
Jul 19, 2020
She’s firing the top half first. See if sequencing her swing might help. The load, foot up foot down, hips fire and the the hands follow. Do it slow repeatedly until it’s fluid and then speed it back up to game like.

As far as the bend and reach it kind of looks to me like she’s cheating the front side. Video may help to keep everything from flying open.

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
Hi all - Still trying to fix some hitting issues with my DD. I can't get my head around how she actually does this or why.. and as such, I am struggling to help her fix it.

It's the strangest and most frustratimg issue.. and this bad habit is significantly hurting her at the plate..

Any help would be greatly appreicated!View attachment 21505
Maybe you can see something here

Oct 2, 2017
JMO, It looks like elbow/bat drag. Which IMO only, is because her hands are dead. There is a lack of understanding of what to do with the hands. The shoulder pulls out, because she doesn't have a choice. Its the only way she can drag the barrel to the ball. Thats why the barrel drops flat, and the hands get away from the body, and dragged around the body to the ball. The fix IMO opinion would be the braun drill and bonds drill. Learn to use the hands independently from the body. If somebody has those videos handy they can share them. Or search for them on the forum.

Oct 2, 2017
Frame 5 is where the problem starts. Her shoulders need to stay down hill longer.
IMO opinion having the shoulders down hill longer is not going to fix the issue, because of her understanding of the swing. Which by the pictures is around the body and ball. That is natural move on her part and feels strong. The shoulders down hill can be changed as a result of changing the focus off of the body and to hands, and what their JOB is in the swing. JMO

Oct 4, 2018
I know it's not feasible for all families, but get her hitting lessons if you can.

I know you can fix things with advice from this forum and a lot of hard work. But it's made so much easier and faster with face-to-face help from a pro.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06