swing repair kit

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
This is a 13yo old that i brought over the HS field to let her try hitting the ball over the fence.

What and HOW, would you fix her? Yes, she hit many over the fence, in bunches.
lexislomogif2-M.gif

View attachment 10632
View attachment 10633

This looks reasonably close to what may be expected based on the goal that was given.

Goals are an important training tool. Use them wisely.

Sep 29, 2014
I like the tee drill idea, you could also set a machine to throw balls at the top of the zone @ about 55. If you have one of the old style wheel machines take the legs off so it sits about a foot or two off the ground or just set it to as low as possible (most balls released about 18 inches off ground) she is going to have problem hitting a ball thrown at a live pitching angle at the top of the zone with that swing.

Also sequence, sequence, sequence if she actually waits until heel plant to initiate the swing that big loop will cause her to be late alot and might force her to take a more direct path.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Can you now see how i received my own "swing repair kit"? and you can get yours?

Game swings.
lexihighgifgif-M.gif

lexilateslo-M.gif

High tee drill is something else to try. This hitter needs to learn to get hands above the ball.
Mann, I have to ask do you teach all your hitters the same 'loading pattern'/sequence. The on deck hitter looks the same as the hitter at the plate.
Also these hitters:

hannagoodhitgiff-M.gif

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
High tee drill is something else to try. This hitter needs to learn to get hands above the ball.
Mann, I have to ask do you teach all your hitters the same 'loading pattern'/sequence. The on deck hitter looks the same as the hitter at the plate.
Also these hitters:

hannagoodhitgiff-M.gif

We try. we havent been with them long. getting them in sequence is a work in progress. The young lady at the plate, also 12u playing up, in the gym.
hannadraggif-M.gif

Sep 29, 2014
I don't have a big issue with load phase although I don't think it's a true load it is a back and forth; however since they keep their body within their feet and stance and also reach back, tilt and separate it does store power.

The problem seems to be as they fall forward their hips start opening and hands start as well; I can't tell for sure with actual video I can freeze frame.

Also per my other comment you can with this type of loopy swing high pitches are tough, would be interesting to see if she hits the low ball better.

Plus it also looks like she is keeping her weight too far back; she seems to still have pressure on her back foot.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
I don't have a big issue with load phase although I don't think it's a true load it is a back and forth; however since they keep their body within their feet and stance and also reach back, tilt and separate it does store power.

The problem seems to be as they fall forward their hips start opening and hands start as well; I can't tell for sure with actual video I can freeze frame.

Also per my other comment you can with this type of loopy swing high pitches are tough, would be interesting to see if she hits the low ball better.

Plus it also looks like she is keeping her weight too far back; she seems to still have pressure on her back foot.

lexi%20slomoderby_02-640.mp4
https://photos.smugmug.com/RED-FURY-swings-2016/i-VJkwsfb/0/640/lexi slomoderby_02-640.mp4

Im curious about what makes her swing "loopy" her hands drop and loop? is her swing Loopy, on the higher pitches above?

Would throwing the bat, fix the sequence? if not what is your goal with throwing the bat. you did say barrel, so maybe i am taking this statement wrong Five.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpalesse