swing repair kit

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
This is a 13yo old that i brought over the HS field to let her try hitting the ball over the fence.

What and HOW, would you fix her? Yes, she hit many over the fence, in bunches.
lexislomogif2-M.gif

lexislomogif - Papi_rearviewa.jpg
lexislomogif - Papi_rearview.jpg

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Not sure I get the question....
This is a 13yo old that i brought over the HS field to let her try hitting the ball over the fence.
Hitter.....
What and HOW, would you fix her? Yes, she hit many over the fence, in bunches.

Didn't the hitter do what you set out to do as the goal.

Sep 29, 2014
Exactly you kinda admit this is not really her normal swing, assuming it's not live pitching either but BP toss or machine. Your freeze frame at toe touch only shows she is actually leaking power but she does get a OK load (mostly rock back a little but she is getting pressure to her instep could use some work), separation and tilt is OK she just lets it all go a little early then has an exaggerated follow through again I'm assuming because she is trying to hit it over the fence. Not sure what this exercise accomplishes except to maybe give her confidence that she can hit it over now lets get to work on making some adjustments and getting results against live pitching.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
Exactly you kinda admit this is not really her normal swing, assuming it's not live pitching either but BP toss or machine. Your freeze frame at toe touch only shows she is actually leaking power but she does get a OK load (mostly rock back a little but she is getting pressure to her instep could use some work), separation and tilt is OK she just lets it all go a little early then has an exaggerated follow through again I'm assuming because she is trying to hit it over the fence. Not sure what this exercise accomplishes except to maybe give her confidence that she can hit it over now lets get to work on making some adjustments and getting results against live pitching.

You nailed it with this post. not sure this swing is very different than her game swing, but just saying chill out abit will cut it. I was thinking of getting a little tilt out of her. for front side scrunch type thing, butter tds, tjinx

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
not sure this swing is very different than her game swing,
tumblr_o93dhx5dme1usf292o1_250.gif

OK, if this is her 'game swing' then maybe the hitter needs to learn that the swing drops the rear shoulder. Not drop rear shoulder and swing which will/is producing an upper cut swing/swinger.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2015
She's swinging her upper body back like a track athlete swings their upper body in the hammer throw...
How big is she?
Is that a 34" bat, and how heavy?
That looks like a "I'm gonna kill the ball" slow pitch swing!
The angle the ball is coming in... it looks like her bat attack angle is matching the ball angle...kinda like a baseball pitch
Thanks for posting.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
tumblr_o93dhx5dme1usf292o1_250.gif

OK, if this is her 'game swing' then maybe the hitter needs to learn that the swing drops the rear shoulder. Not drop rear shoulder and swing which will/is producing an upper cut swing/swinger.

So she is dropping her shoulder, dipping. so this is what i thought needs to be addressed first rdbass. so how do fix this? and ques or tricks /drills to apply here?

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
So she is dropping her shoulder, dipping. so this is what i thought needs to be addressed first rdbass. so how do fix this? and ques or tricks /drills to apply here?

Braun-Ryan-Top-Hand-Demo-Loop.gif

MoreHands.gif

I would try what Howe suggested to another members DD:
ask your daughter to beat balls straight into the ground ~ 4' in front of the tee. Than increase it to 10'. Than 20, etc. Get her to have a more direct hand path. Don't worry about sending the barrel rearward. Get the loop out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles