Swing Plane Issues I think ?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Let me go find a clip . Back or side that's all I got.

Side view. Where did I mention scap. If you don't like the 'answer' then don't ask the question.
Or are you saying that I doctored the clip?
I didn't say that but, when you're super slow-moing you're 'losing' frames because the video jumps.

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
Haha missing frames ? Circle the scap? Or are you saying that I doctored the clip?

In the game video, it jumps from position to position, rather than providing a smooth flow of the movement. There are frames missing that would have provided the smoothness. Based on the quality of the picture, I'm guessing it was recorded on a device that wasn't ideal for this kind of analysis.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
From what I gather on these boards Donny was the god father . RIP

I've read his presentation at least 100 times.

Ok back to your regular routine gents.

Donny's presentation is very good, IMO. I'm not sure everyone agrees with that, but I learned a lot from it. Again, this is just my opinion, for what that's worth.... But when i look at the game swing, I see a lead arm extension that is being caused by lead arm extension. IMO, that lead arm extension should happen as a result of the "hip/shoulder spatial separation". Just a minor difference, but one I feel is important.

"Lead arm extension should occur during the stride by hip /shoulder spatial separation."

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
https://youtu.be/B4liEDUHGGQ

Here's a low inside pitch hit for a double past the 3rd basemen. She told our 3rd base coach it scared her. Not bragging . Just saying . I'm of the school if you brag your just trying to cover up your insecurity. So don't take me that way please . Looks to me how Trout looks on a low inside pitch that he wasn't expecting.
That he made an adjustment on .DLL. No arm bar . I think you can fit that beach ball in now Pattar.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Donny's presentation is very good, IMO. I'm not sure everyone agrees with that, but I learned a lot from it. Again, this is just my opinion, for what that's worth.... But when i look at the game swing, I see a lead arm extension that is being caused by lead arm extension. IMO, that lead arm extension should happen as a result of the "hip/shoulder spatial separation". Just a minor difference, but one I feel is important.

"Lead arm extension should occur during the stride by hip /shoulder spatial separation."
Yes Fp yes! Check the game clip again. They are a match .

May 24, 2013
So Cal

In other words...The lead arm gets extended as a reaction to the hands being pulled rearward, rather than by extending the arm to push the hands rearward.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi