Swing Feedback... 10u player

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
This may be one of the most useful things you posted on this subject, FFS. Good input.

200.gif

Howe:That said, simply looking to impress the thought of hands instead of leveling first or torquing the handle first. Very similar to this:
1CBHandsOnly.gif

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Folks ... it's been written many many many times.

What do you think HI meant when they spoke of the 'swearing-in position'?

What do you think Doc Yeager meant with the top-hand palm orientation towards the pitcher?

Numerous posts on hand path, etc., etc., etc..

If this helps some ... then good. But lets not pretend that it hasn't been discussed before.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
It's an approach that Doc Yeager advocates. I have used it successfully with multiple hitters. A hitter can practice swinging to the above 'short-to' position without even making a full swing. That can serve as their homework between hitting sessions. I don't consider it a lot to expect that homework to be done nightly ... even if it is just 20 dry-swings. I ask that 11 be done correctly in a row. The homework can be done while watching TV ... so there is little excuse for not getting it done.

Not to be mean ... this is pretty simple homework. If a hitter can't be bothered with something this easy, then I question how bad they want to become proficient. The ownership of getting better rests on the student.

Ummm...okay. I'm not sure of the reason for the description of your prescription. That said, I agree that the student must make the effort and be responsible for their own progress.

My previous comment was in regards to phrasing things in a way that is easily understandable by people who are recent to the world of hitting mechanics. "Palm to the pitcher, not the sky" is a cue that newbie parents AND young hitters can digest and process - clear and easy communication. It seems to me this cue would lead easily into learning about a hand pivot point for the "around" portion of the swing.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
This may be one of the most useful things you posted on this subject, FFS. Good input.

Ummm...okay. I'm not sure of the reason for the description of your prescription. That said, I agree that the student must make the effort and be responsible for their own progress.

My previous comment was in regards to phrasing things in a way that is easily understandable by people who are recent to the world of hitting mechanics. "Palm to the pitcher, not the sky" is a cue that newbie parents AND young hitters can digest and process - clear and easy communication. It seems to me this cue would lead easily into learning about a hand pivot point for the "around" portion of the swing.

EricF, just to be clear ... I have no desire to pass an "EricF litmus test" to creating posts.

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
Agreed! At least to me, this makes SENSE. something I can work on with her immediately.

One of the biggest stumbling blocks for me has been figuring out how to effectively communicate ideas about swing mechanics in a way that a young hitter can understand, process, and apply to their swing. Some things have been a real struggle, and have taken many different approaches before finding something that helps connect the dots in their head. Keep educating yourself, and teach slowly.

Aug 16, 2015
here is some video off a tee.. Still work to do!!

[video]http://www.wissearch.net/videos/img_2641.mov[/video]

[video]http://www.wissearch.net/videos/img_2645.mov[/video]

View attachment 9011

I posted in the wrong forum, it looks like this is the forum for feedback.

DD has been working. I don't think she's eliminated it yet, but I was curious what everyone thought:

April 2016:
[video]https://youtu.be/zhCJmJ6WPR0[/video]

hitting201604.gif

Attachments

• trim.F558285E-CBB1-4111-AD99-AF97C64DE7EA.jpg
    trim.F558285E-CBB1-4111-AD99-AF97C64DE7EA.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads