Swing experiment

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
giphy.gif

Today's swing. I think I'm holding the hinge angle during initiation better. Needs some more work. My cue was to swing down, lower the back elbow. So, I'm lowering the back elbow first and lowering it creates a swinging down action. It helped I think.

Posture still needs work, still coming out of it too early.

As you can see I'm starting with a open stance to better feel the back leg/hip load. I swear I was striding farther forward. In some of my swings I did.
Tee is too high. I have DD use a little 12 inch cone and tell her to get it in the air.(line drive) You should try it. It might help you with your staying in your posture.

Aug 20, 2017
giphy.gif

Today's swing. I think I'm holding the hinge angle during initiation better. Needs some more work. My cue was to swing down, lower the back elbow. So, I'm lowering the back elbow first and lowering it creates a swinging down action. It helped I think.

Posture still needs work, still coming out of it too early.

As you can see I'm starting with a open stance to better feel the back leg/hip load. I swear I was striding farther forward. In some of my swings I did.
You are coming out of posture early due to a lack of forward advancement imo. When the back knee doesn’t move forward during the stride it sends energy straight up the body. Try to move your COM forward more during your stride and at foot down try to get rearwards (behind the ball). The elbow looks to have slotted a little early in this swing. Keep it up! Enjoy these posts!

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Tee is too high. I have DD use a little 12 inch cone and tell her to get it in the air.(line drive) You should try it. It might help you with your staying in your posture.

Yes, I need a tee that allows you to hit low pitches. Force the posture correction so to speak.

I can get this tee a little lower.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
You are coming out of posture early due to a lack of forward advancement imo. When the back knee doesn’t move forward during the stride it sends energy straight up the body. Try to move your COM forward more during your stride and at foot down try to get rearwards (behind the ball). The elbow looks to have slotted a little early in this swing. Keep it up! Enjoy these posts!

I thought I did advance the COM. lol 😒

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I thought I did advance the COM. lol 😒

I felt like I had a strong linear move. It’s more linear than some old swings. What you see in this swing feels like my COM was moving forward.

Just goes to show you, you can’t trust feelings. You need video with feel.

Apr 11, 2015
I felt like I had a strong linear move. It’s more linear than some old swings. What you see in this swing feels like my COM was moving forward.

Just goes to show you, you can’t trust feelings. You need video with feel.
As did I...too strong in fact...when you're using your lead leg to pull yourself forward in the way that you're currently doing it.

Even though this hitter's lead leg does go forward...
1Y0Cf0i.gif

...it's a metered movement against the opposite directional move of the arms/hands/bat/barrel ("reciprocal movements" as someone used in another thread) to maintain his "dynamic balance" within the "move out".

But they are both in response/assistance to the "stride" he's doing with his rear leg in order to move "FYB", "Lean into the pitch", or as some others put it, "another hitter who leveraged the internal oblique better".

He then simply launched the swing from there...

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Received my Tanner tee today, youth model. I can actually position the ball at the knees. The toughest spot to maintain posture is low and away. So, I’m going to try to force a postural change.

Going to try a better running start instead of just loading back and getting stuck back there. See if I can create the missing frames.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying