Swing experiment

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Shawn, before you do anything else figure out how to stay in your posture. Stop getting taller. Stop premature hip extension. Stay loaded in your back hip longer.

this is what I was getting at. Staying in your legs. Let the middle move/turn you. If you take away the legs and hips you will discover the middle of your body. Then the hips and legs can do their thing after the turn is right and tight.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Shawn, before you do anything else figure out how to stay in your posture. Stop getting taller. Stop premature hip extension. Stay loaded in your back hip longer.

I have a rope bat I can just swing back and forth. Right now I’m not using posture to establish the swing plane. I need to stay down in my posture and create a better swing plane.

I think both are related, staying in my posture and creating a better swing plane.

May 12, 2016
So many things break down in a swing when posture is not maintained.. can be a hard habit to break for some reason.. DD struggled with it right up until her last game.. of course she had me for a coach..LOL

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
So many things break down in a swing when posture is not maintained.. can be a hard habit to break for some reason.. DD struggled with it right up until her last game.. of course she had me for a coach..LOL

Yes, I need to drill in the posture, swing plane, Then see how the swing looks.

Aug 20, 2017
this is what I was getting at. Staying in your legs. Let the middle move/turn you. If you take away the legs and hips you will discover the middle of your body. Then the hips and legs can do their thing after the turn is right and tight.
Back foot down drill gives the feel for the torso rotating the body

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
I am starting to believe in this cue: Keep the crease as long as possible/ all the way to toe touch. The crease being the crease in the pants that runs from crotch to the rear hip. Helping in my golf swing too! See Mike's crease.
1590177055119.png

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Took some swings today with a stride and tried to be more linear to rotational. On some swings I focused on radial deviation.

You know that body doesn’t really care about using this muscle or that muscle. The swing happens quickly. The brain to body connection can only focus on one thing.

I was still staying back on some strides, Need to work on the linear move. I was happy with the swings. Now I need to build on that and fix my posture.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478