Swing down

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
You people aren't really this stupid are you? Barry is a great hitter. Barry has no clue how to teach kids how to fix their flawed swings. None. Telling kids to use their arms to swing down, or up, or anywhere is destructive.

Feel free hitting live turning/looping swinging down behind you and hitting balls on a line (like Bonds, Griff, etc..) and report the results.

2AkuNEZ.gif

8cuVuk9.gif

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
Feel free hitting live turning/looping swinging down behind you and hitting balls on a line (like Bonds, Griff, etc..) and report the results.

8cuVuk9.gif

'on a line' meaning swing up at 20 degrees, hitting below a ball coming in at 10 deg, and making it go up 35 degrees like the gif above?

2021-0728-sano.PNG

The Black Knight is alive!! Tis but a flesh wound.

I think we can get another 100 pages out of this thread. :)

May 12, 2016
You people aren't really this naive are you? Barry is a great hitter. Barry has no clue how to teach kids how to fix their flawed swings. None. Telling kids to use their arms to swing down, or up, or anywhere is destructive.

Those Who Can Do, Can’t Teach
I'm naïve?? Coming from the person who "thinks" he knows more about swinging a bat than 95% of the best hitter in the world. LOL

Love the topic.... "The experts sometimes make the worse educators" We are not talking about sometimes, we are talking about the overwhelming majority here.

Some people are just bad instructors, period. Most of my best instructors in college were experts in their field with practical experience. Most of my best coaches were players at one point in their life. Most pitching/hitting coaches in baseball have played the game at some level.

Reactions: TDS
Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
I'm naïve?? Coming from the person who "thinks" he knows more about swinging a bat than 95% of the best hitter in the world. LOL
Good luck teaching kids to chop down like Barry teaches (vs what he actually does). I have seen this instruction fail for 30 years of coaching and observing youth baseball at all levels.

Time is your biggest enemy with your kids. I wasted lots of time that I will never get back teaching their nonsense.

May 12, 2016
Good luck teaching kids to chop down like Barry teaches (vs what he actually does). I have seen this instruction fail for 30 years of coaching and observing youth baseball at all levels.

Time is your biggest enemy with your kids. I wasted lots of time that I will never get back teaching their nonsense.
It always comes back to this.... and I agree with you 100%. You do what's best for your kids, always. That's never been my argument, trying to convince others that their coaching methods do not work, or they could be doing something better.

But that does not mean Bonds & gang do not know what they are talking about. Just because you didn't understand how to implement "down to" the pros talk about and it hasn't worked out for you doesn't mean it's nonsense.

Feb 25, 2020
Yeah I’ll listen to you. Hello kettle are you black?

Swing down, buddy swing down, lol 🤪

This is your attempt of the HLP. You failed

View attachment 23313

Show me an updated swinging down swing. Since you supposedly attempted to TTB in this swing.

Oh ya, this is from that PM where I sent you that swing (active hand turn) and this swing(down) and asked you which one was which.(you got it wrong IIRC)

Nothin special but good enough for me to believe Barry Bonds...

Edit: for Pattar

Last edited:
Reactions: TDS

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
It always comes back to this.... and I agree with you 100%. You do what's best for your kids, always. That's never been my argument, trying to convince others that their coaching methods do not work, or they could be doing something better.

But that does not mean Bonds & gang do not know what they are talking about. Just because you didn't understand how to implement "down to" the pros talk about and it hasn't worked out for you doesn't mean it's nonsense.

Yep, because some folks don't want to connect the dots like KB did recently..

AQfOfG9.gif

jFHegxO.gif

Jun 8, 2016
Oh ya, this is from that PM where I sent you that swing (active hand turn) and this swing(down) and asked you which one was which.(you got it wrong IIRC)

Nothin special but good enough for me to believe Barry Bonds...

Can we see the other one (active hand turn) or did you miss the ball or something.. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misscoug